Unable to set temperature sensor ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G

I am attempting to add ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G as my extruder temperature, but it isn’t working and I get an error saying it is an unknown sensor, but the Klipper documentation says it is a common sensor. What am I doing wrong?

The entry should read:

sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G

And you need to be on pretty much the most recent git version as it has been add just yesterday. See Frequently Asked Questions - Klipper documentation for updating instructions.

1 Like

Hi there te correct solution is:

from this source: Thermistors for Klipper | LDO Documentation

and datasheet: https://atcsemitec.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Semitec-NT-4-Glass-NTC-Thermistor.pdf

[thermistor ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G]
temperature1: 25
resistance1: 100000
temperature2: 160
resistance2: 1074
temperature3: 300
resistance3: 82.78

[extruder]
sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G
min_temp: -50 #<-- important
max_temp: 300 #<-- important

Your printer is shutdown because min temp is in negative value. See the minimal temp on datasheet i see -50 value.

Regards

I’m not sure what you are reporting in this 2 years old thread and it is also not a “correct solution”

• The ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G is natively supported by Klipper and there is no need for a custom thermistor table
  • The min_temp and max_temp settings should be defined according to the capabilities of the hotend and a min_temp of -50 °C typically makes absolutely no sense for a hotend
  • These settings define the lower and upper limits and are used for sanity checks and protection of the hardware. If violated, Klipper will react with an error message
1 Like

Well after three years you have clarified things that are not where they should be. Since in google these pages appear and not the ones that have a solution.

hi, I have a huge temperature difference with an E3D revo, at 150°C I measure +/-122°C, and at 250°C I measure +/- 200°C…

I have to play with the “pullup_resistor”? Or is there another parameter to look at?

A look into your klippy.log would be helpful…