3D printer with klipper sometimes freezes in the middle of printing and only returns when turning it off and on again

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
Host / SBC
klippy.log

Thank you for your help, I’m new to klipper, my printer uses an m8p and CB1 blanket board, the font has already been changed, even so, sometimes it freezes during printing, I can’t find the problem, it even freezes the screen and only comes back when I turn it off and on. again and if after the incident I send the same printout it prints normally as if nothing had happened and the curious thing is that this only happens sometimes, if anyone can help me I would be very grateful, follow the klipper logs.[moonraker.log|attachment]
logs_moonraker_klipper.zip (2.3 MB)

Thank you for your help, I’m new to klipper, my printer uses an m8p and CB1 blanket board, the font has already been changed, even so, sometimes it freezes during printing, I can’t find the problem, it even freezes the screen and only comes back when I turn it off and on. again and if after the incident I send the same printout it prints normally as if nothing had happened and the curious thing is that this only happens sometimes, if anyone can help me I would be very grateful, follow the klipper logs.[moonraker.log|attachment]
logs_moonraker_klipper.zip (2.3 MB)

Hello @maelbn !

There is no need to open two threads with the same issue.

Sorry, that’s why I ended up tripling the post due to my mistake.

I’m trying to see if anyone has encountered the same error and can help me find a solution.

I have the exact same setup. The printer would totally freeze every 12-24 hours. It always freezes eventually whether it’s printing or not. Could never find anything in the Klipper logs. I just replaced the CB1.1 with a CB2 last night and I’m just leaving it turned on for now to see if it still does it.

If you could give a position after testing whether the problem was resolved by exchanging CB1 for CB2 I would be very grateful.

2 Likes

If you could give a position after testing whether the problem was resolved by exchanging CB1 for CB2 I would be very grateful…

1 Like

Yeah that would be great. Have the same setup running in my Micron+.

1 Like

Just got home from work and it’s still working! It’s been on for about 20 hours now, so that’s a pretty good streak compared to usual! Can report back again tomorrow. :grin:

1 Like

Is this an actual print or did you just leave the printer on?
I hope for the best!

1 Like

Nah, haven’t printed anything with the CB2 installed yet. Just leaving it on for now. It rarely had a problem finishing a 10hr print but after 12hr of just being on it would usually freeze and need reset.

48 hours now. Still good. So it was either the CB1.1 or the combo with the M8Pv1. I’ve only heard of this issue with the CB1 and M8P combo so far. Seems odd but I guess it’s worth testing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.