Manta E3EZ + CB1 just freezes during print

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Chiron
MCU / Printerboard:Manta E3EZ + CB1 + USB-EEB42
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

Just recently installed a MANTA E3EZ + CB1 board in my printer. Long story short I would loose connection with Pi and SKR3 all the time before so I thought fingers crossed that this would solve my issues.

Turns out I have another issue with this setup. The whole printer just stops. It seems like klipper just freezes. I printed once before successfully before this started happening. Could it be the USB camera? I’m still troubleshooting the problem but was hoping someone could look at my logs and see a problem.
klippy.log (2.8 MB)

Hello,

Have you updated everything fully to the latest firmware?

Even after you install fw onto the cb1 it still needs updates. Go into klipper and under the “machine” tab hit “check for updates”. Then update all if you need to.

I had the exact same thing happen. It would freeze in the middle of the print. My solution was to update the mainboard’s mcu. Here is an excellent article on how to do it. Tutorial: BTT Manta M8P + CB1 Klipper guide – 3DP and Me It is for the Manta M8P, however, as long as you change the settings to match your board, You should be fine. If updating klipper doesn’t work, try updating the mcu firmware. From the factory It is horribly out of date and can cause problems.

Happy Printing,
Blake

1 Like