BTT Octopus Pro setup

Hi, I’m trying to get Klipper working on a new Octopus Pro board (446 variant). I have used the makeconfig menu to compile the firmware and have followed the instructions for the settings as best I can from the BTT github (BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-V1.0/Firmware/Klipper at master · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-V1.0 · GitHub) - however, the menu looks different in the BTT instructions to the options I see when compiling on my Raspberry Pi (a 3 B+) - it lacks an entry for bootloader and the USB connection entry is different. But I’ve selected the correct microcontroller and frequency. The resultant compiled firmware flashes OK on the board (via SD card), but then is not visible via the usb connection, either on the Pi or when connecting to a PC. I have also downloaded the precompiled 446 Klipper firmware from the BTT github and flashed it, and this seems to work and allows the pi and PC to see the board. However, the klipper server will not connect to the board with this firmware, even when I use a vanilla config file (editing the mcu section to specify the correct usb serial address), giving M112 reset errors. The precompiled BTT firmware looks older than the current version of Klipper so I’m wondering if there is an incompatibility. So I’m at an impasse - neither compiling fresh or using the precompiled binary seem to work. I am wondering if the usb ids settings need to be configured in the makeconfig - but if so, I don’t know how to define this for the board. Any clues gratefully received.

grafik

If you still have problems post the

• klippy.log file
  • Output of the dmesg command
  • Output of ls -al /dev/serial/by-id/*

I got the answer to my problem via Discord - nothing to do with not following the install steps. It appears that I must have had an old install of Klipper on my pi which left some old configs in place when I did the recent install and this corrupted the makefile config removing the option for specifying the bootloader offset. Was solved by performing a ‘git pull’ to refresh the disto.