CFG File Does Not Exist

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 6
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Manta M8P V1.1 with BTT CB1
klippy(14).log (15.4 KB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I bought this printer in October last year and am on the verge of dropping it in the nearest skip. I have never had a successful print from it.
To be fair I’ve not given it the time it deserves.
In July of this year I decided to attack it again. Stupidly the first thing I did was update everything - well that broke it completely beyond my ability to fix.
So, yesterday I decided to start again, I’ve renistalled from scratch (having a copy of the old klippy log). Now when I start I get a Klipper Reports Error stating Include file ‘/home/biqu/printer_data/config/generic-bigtreetech-xxx.cfg’ does not exist.
In my current /config path I have now both of the the files listed below;

generic-bigtreetech-manta-m8p-V1_1.cfg (added to hope to resolve the issue)
printer.cfg (with copied .cfg file from klippy log)

I’ve copied my old printer.cfg file over, I have Googled and looked here on this forum and can find no reason why.
If anyone is able to assist I would be extremely grateful.
I’m afraid if there’s a cure for stupidity I can’t find it.
BTW - I’m not a programmer just an enthusiastic amatuer.
Best regards
Kev

The error is telling you exactly what’s wrong. Your printer.cfg is trying to include a file that’s not there. Either remove the offending include line from printer.cfg or add the missing file from wherever you got the printer.cfg from.

3 Likes

Hi,
Many thanks for your response - appreciated.
I had guessed that it was telling me whats wrong - I was more hoping for a solution as to what was looking in that place for the file - then maybe I could re-direct it or put the file into the correct place.
I’ve scrapped the install and am currently in the process of re-installing using KIAUH .
Hoping for better luck this time :crossed_fingers:
Cheers

1. do you know what printer you have?
  2. do you know what upgrades, or pars this printer has?
    3 . did you read the Klipper installation instructions?
  3. do you have the BTT board info? ie.pinouts, CPU chip type?

with this info and following the install you should be able to get it working.

Use:

Many thanks to everyone for their contribution.
I managed to get everything installed using KIAUH - few probs with Kliper Screen only dispalying console but that’s sorted now too., plus a few other issues on the way - mostly sorted.
I still have a couple of minor issues left to sort but I’m in a much better place and think I should be able to deal with them.
Best regards
Kev