Compatible BLDC driver firmware UART/CAN

Hi,
I’m working on a firmware for the B-G431B-ESC1 eval board, since it’s by far the most capable and cheap BLDC driver board.
I’d like to interface it to Klipper somehow using either the integrated USB serial or the CAN interface.
Looking around, I found no clear information on how to make a device Klipper compatible, everything just has the Klipper firmware running on the target boards.
Can someone maybe point me to some resources I’m missing?
Do i just need to partially implement the canbus stuff from the Klipper source?
Can I do something like serial command macros in the raspberry pi configuration?
Or will i have to write a python script for the custom serial port interaction?

Right now I just want to use it for a CPAP blower for parts cooling, but the STM32MCSDK also supports position control with ABZ encoders, so these could also be used as BLDC axis drivers.

Thanks for the help
Rico

The board needs to be flashed with the Klipper firmware, and then the “klippy” host software on your computer (usually a Raspberry Pi) communicates with the board via USB or CAN; you don’t “interface it to” Klipper, you run Klipper on it.

There does not appear to be support for that chip, currently (based on the STM32 menu config source), so that would need to be your starting point. You may have more luck in the Developers - Klipper category.

Hm, that’s also what i read so far. But Klipper does not have support for direct BLDC drivers right now so i would not only have to integrate the whole codebase for that into it, but also add config settings and everything.
I had hoped there was a solution more akin to how the TMC uart driver or the Accelerometer driver works.