Creality 4.3.1 wrong bootloader offset. Board no longer reachable

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ender 6
MCU / Printerboard: creality v4.3.1
klippy.log not available.

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

While setting up the mcu for the first time on klipper, I accidentally used the wrong bootloader offset. Since that point this board has not been useable. When I boot up the printer it revs the power supply momentarily and then it drops to off/idle. The little red light stays on and thats it. No other movement.

Since then I have obtained an STLink v2 and am able to access the board through swdio/clk and have flashed a stock .bin back onto the board but the same results occur. The power supply revs for about .5 sec and then turns off. The green light on the power supply is on and the red light on the mcu is lit up.

I am trying to figure out how to bring this board back to life. I can reflash the board through stlink but not through sd. Everytime I put a sd card in, the mcu crashes.

Did you read this topic ?

Yes, I have come across it a lot. I can flash Canboot, I think. So far, it appears that I am able to flash to the board but only using STLink. I cannot use STMCube, it only ever shows up with a serial number of ‘P’. However, in STLink I get a full serial number and can read the memory starting at either 0x00000000 or 0x08000000.

I can flash Canboot to the board. Now the next question: do I need 24v power to access the bootloader? or how do I get the board to push into bootloader mode to then flash the board with Canboot? Every time I run the Canboot commands to flash the board it doesn’t recognize that there is anything plugged in.

Still hunting currently. I just reflashed Canboot onto the board and have it plugged in but am still getting the same error “OSError: [Errno 19] No such device”. followed by cannot bind to can0. Should this still be plugged in via swdio/clk?

Here is the full error I am getting now. I finally figured out how to get my raspberry to see the board.

pi@raspberrypi:~/katapult/scripts $ python3 flashtool.py -d /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0 -f ~/klippe
r/out/klipper.bin
Attempting to connect to bootloader
ERROR:root:Flash Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 554, in run
await flasher.connect_btl()
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 90, in connect_btl
ret = await self.send_command(‘CONNECT’)
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 196, in send_command
raise FlashCanError(“Error sending command [%s] to Can Device”
FlashCanError: Error sending command [CONNECT] to Can Device

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 633, in main
loop.run_until_complete(sock.run(args.device, args.baud, fpath))
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 642, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 561, in run
await flasher.finish()
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 275, in finish
await self.send_command(“COMPLETE”)
File “/home/pi/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py”, line 196, in send_command
raise FlashCanError(“Error sending command [%s] to Can Device”
FlashCanError: Error sending command [COMPLETE] to Can Device

Now I just can’t get Canboot to be able to connect to the board. I have swapped out 5 different known working usb cables.

I never did work with CanBoot or flashing creality boards, but was doing similar stuff for other purposes and other hardware, so my advices can be misleading :slight_smile:

So from your description I went and searched some data and came across this:

Seems it have very good instruction sets for different boards
take a peak there - maybe you will find answers.

Maybe I can give you some advice if you send me your manual which you are following - then I can try to understand what went wrong and what todo