Feature request Round bed mesh

As the title would suggest Klipper still uses square bed mesh on delta printers. and, its confusing to users. A follow up on this would be greatly appreciated since Delta is becoming quite a bit more popular on klipper with recent new priners. also piezo / membrane type probes seem more accessible.

See Bed Mesh - Klipper documentation
What are you exactly missing?

Its possible i am mistaken Klipper still uses a rectangular mesh as displayed in the visualizer on delta printers . This appears to be the last discussion regarding the topic in 2018. Question: Mesh Bed Leveling on a delta circular bed · Issue #558 · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub . Would it be possible to have this feature looked into in the future?

So i guess this shall remain dead and, delta ignored as per usual.

When looking at the Bed Mesh - Klipper documentation I noticed the shape of the probed points it actually square.
Here’s an image to show the probed area:

The probed (yellow) surface in both circles is of the exact same size, it’s just rotated 45 degrees.
This leaves me wondering what the advantage is of using the bed mesh settings for round beds (apart from applying a slightly better offset usage).
If the difference is in fact negligible, wouldn’t it be better to remove the round bed mesh support, just for maintainability?

The problem is how its dispalyed in mainsail. it displays as a square producing confusing visual. [quote=“Kakolukia, post:5, topic:4548, full:true”]
When looking at the Bed Mesh - Klipper documentation I noticed the shape of the probed points it actually square.
Here’s an image to show the probed area:

The probed (yellow) surface in both circles is of the exact same size, it’s just rotated 45 degrees.
This leaves me wondering what the advantage is of using the bed mesh settings for round beds (apart from applying a slightly better offset usage).
If the difference is in fact negligible, wouldn’t it be better to remove the round bed mesh support, just for maintainability?
[/quote]

e.g marlin etc. This just make users Think mesh doesnt “work” among other complaints.
250697592_1932456770266231_1842853105495124489_n (1)

I noticed the same in Fluidd.
But I don’t think this is on Mainsail/Fluidd/etc, because when Klipper does the round bed mesh calibration, it extrapolates additional points to turn the diamond shape into a square.
Mainsail/Fluidd probably expects a rectangular bed mesh, but it would make sense to first have this changed in Klipper, before the visual change in Mainsail/Fluidd.
As stated in the GitHub issue you mentioned, a hexagonal grid would be a nice solution, but this still requires some code rewriting :sweat_smile:

Im not expecting easy or fast on that, just something to add to the list at a minimum. since the last time this came up appears to be 2018ish… it does " work" so i don’t see a high priority. Its more frustrating most issues are met with denial. when this is whole community issue / well known,