Flashforge Creator Pro 2: printer.cfg

Printer Model: Flashforge Creator Pro 2
MCU / Printerboard: FFP_0109

Can anyone point me to a printer.cfg file for Flashforge Creator Pro 2?

I can’t find any info online re: MCU, and am awaiting info from Flashforge.

I’ve got Klipper going on my other printers, but am something of a noob to Klipper. Many thanks.

2 Likes

FF wont give you any info on their proprietary boards, it’s why I gutted my AD3 and rebuilt it with an SKR Mini E3.

1 Like

I just saw your post describing your AD3 project. I’ll likely do same with CP2.

I’m new to klipper. Have just installed it on 3 other printers, and love it.

I’m hosting on a Creality Sonic Pad, which is a 64-bit SBC running some kind of linux. Given a few parameters like printer’s MCU type, it will compile and try to flash klippy to a client printer. Do you think it’s worth trying to flash the CP2 this way? Or is that probably a Marlin-dependent process which will fail, because (I think) CP2 is running Sailfish?

Alternatively, if I install a different main board on the CP2, can I use a BTT SKR 2/B which I have lying
around, or do I need Octopus (or something else)?

CP2 is IDEX printer. Does Klipper fully support IDEX?

Finally, if I stick another board in the CP2, how do I go about deducing pinouts and dynamics limits for the printer.cfg file, if I can’t find a file on github?

Sorry for all the questions.

1 Like

TBH, trying to flash the FF mainboard is likely to be difficult - flashing the AD3 mainboard was possible, but only after removing the secondary processor board. VioSynthax figured out how to do this:

and it’s not easy, even with the right tools and skills. IMO it’s easier to gut the electronics and start over. as for Klipper supporting IDEX, I honestly dont know the answer.

1 Like

Thank you. I have a BTT SKR-2 board sitting in a drawer and am going to try that, rather than dealing with the FF board.

1 Like

No worries. I was going to implement an IR Z probe and has everything sorted … until I accidentally mis-wired the probe and fried it. :man_facepalming:

If it’s got mightyboard it’s actually fairly straightforward. https://github.com/pedrsj/Creator-Pro I’ve got one up and running with tmc2209s and 3 more to do. All of em running on an old dell optiplex :slight_smile:

Eventually I do want to swap the boards out with something newer. Soon.

I’ve got a Creator Pro 2 (independent dual extruders). Do you know if the main board is same as Creator Pro?

Unfortunately they are different. The pro2 has 6 drivers instead of 5 (2 X-steppers). I have a pro2 also. I like this little enclosed IDEX printer, but has many firmware related issues. The most annoying is the cooling fans problem. No chance to use them on less than full speed. Or they can be switched off. Klipper on this printer would be a great achievement.

1 Like

One day if I ever have any time (unlikely), I might try installing a BTT Octopus Pro main board on my CP2. I also like this little IDEX printer, it’s rock-solid.

Note, at least in the meantime you can use Prusa Slicer with CP2 if you like (say goodbye to Flashprint). GitHub - Jacotheron/FlashForge-CreatorPro2-PS-Profile: PrusaSlicer Profile for the FlashForge CreatorPro2 3D printer

Is there any update regarding klipper application on FF creator pro 2??

1 Like

Hello @Shardana98 !

Please use English language.

Thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone know if this will apply to the powerspec creator 2.0 printer as well? ive been wanting to upgrade to klipper?? and what if theres a list of parts somewhere online

Hello Frederic. I am also the owner of a Flashforge creator pro 2 and have been annoyed by the maximum temperature of 240 degrees for a long time. I’ve searched a number of forums with no success. I would be very interested if and how to replace the mainboard of the crp2. If you have any instructions I would be very grateful.

Hello @ZapZarap1 !

The maximum extrusion temperature was not a topic with this thread. And it is not depending on the used printer board.

BTW: You can align this in the [extruder] module.

Hello! I’m the dev of the Klippventurer project mentioned earlier for Adventurer 3. The install process for Adventurer 3 has been greatly simplified, and we have two install methods in the works that are completely solderless. We’ll also be supporting other FlashForge printers, possibly including the Creator Pro 2. If you want to contribute to the project or donate a main board for reverse engineering, you can get in touch over on our repo at GitHub - synthread/Klippventurer: Klipper for FlashForge printers. Currently supports Adventurer 3 and MonoPrice Voxel. Arçelik PT1000 and Bresser Rex support unknown.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I have a working FFCP2 configuration without mainboard replacement.
PR into mainline: Support for Flashforge Creator Pro2 by eazrael · Pull Request #6553 · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub
More information: Flashforge Creator Pro 2 | Evil Azrael's Wiki