FLSUN V400 Homing Does Not Work

Basic Information:

Printer Model: FLSUN V400
klippy.log (3.9 MB)
printer.cfg (13.6 KB)

Hello All,

While I’m trying to home my printer there is an error as “endstop a still triggered after retract” and as far as I saw in my screen the Z value is 420 mm even the Z axis is at its home point.
Is there anyone who can help me about this issue?

did you do initial checks for endstops ?
https://www.klipper3d.org/Config_checks.html#verify-endstops

The klippy.log would be very handy too.

I’ve made those checks and each of endstops is triggered right now.

I did not get it :confused:

Ok, so ENSTOPS behave correctly as described in documentation.

When homing is happening following actions should happened:

1. all 3 towers should start moving to Home Direction
  2. when all 3 of them trigger endstops it should stop for fem milliseconds
  3. all 3 towers should move back few mm to release a endstops
  4. again all 3 towers should go to endstops with reduced speed and trigger them again
  5. everything stops and your printer is homed, X and Y coordinates should become 0 or few mm around 0, Z coordinate should become some high number = position_endstop, in your case 420mm (but it can be around that number after some calibrations).

That error which you see is happening when homing is doing step 3, it did move back but it see that ENDSTOPS are still triggered.

Possible reasons of that error:
very high speeds, not enough back movement, overshoots.

try to add this options to your steppers

homing_speed: 20
homing_retract_dist: 5
homing_retract_speed: 10

I have added them to the steppers but still same error appears.

I did describe what actions should be happening
What do you see ?
On which step it’s stopping ?
Do you see that endstops was released on step 3 ?

It is stopping at 1 st step all 3 towers is not starting to move and there is only error. Even Z is at 422.45 mm

Oh,
So you are saying that if you manually lower all 3 towers so they not trigger endstops (un-homed position), then power up everything and trying to do homing - they are not moving at all ?

What your QUERY_ENDSTOPS command is reporting in un-homed position ?

Did you try to do STEPPER_BUZZ test for each stepper in un-homed position ?

Yes, while they are far away from home position it does not move to home witha command.

QUERY_ENDSTOPS

For the Stepper Buzz query all steppers are moving when I entered the query at un-homed position.

Well than this means you didn’t do initial checks of endstops on which i pointed 16 hours ago in my first message.

Because they should report “open” in un-homed position, same statement is present in first sentence of that initial endstop checks.

I did them but as I mentioned it says triggered even I did it on the homed position or un-homed position. In this case what would you suggest to me?

Then it can be endstop malfunction, incorrect endstop pin definition, incorrect pull-up/pull-down endstop pin definition, faulty board, etc…
You must successfully pass initial endstop tests before trying to home.

How can I understand if the endstop pin is correct or not? Is there any list for endstop pins? Should I try to change the pin?

It’s defined in your config in each stepper.
Enstop-pin.
You can try to change it as described in endstop check.

I’ve tried to change them several time as mentioned by adding “!” to the pins but then the steppers are not stopping even they reached to the physical limits of axises

When you do this, what happens when you manually trigger the endstops?

Don’t do homing while endstops are not working as intended - it’s harmfull for printer.
Do test manually triggering them.

Did you try to chane their behaviour with ‘^’ character ?

Oh just noticed that you are using very old klipper v0.10.0-455, it’s 3 years old
maybe there was some changes, currently everybody are using 0.12.0

can you update it ?