Fresh Install of Klipper/Mainsail and Fluidd

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Aquila D1
MCU / Printerboard: N32
Host / SBC
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Been having issues with the original firmware so decided to install klipper on the Aquila.
But, on completing the install using Kiauh. Loading up Fluidd im getting ‘Klippy not connected’
I’ve added the ip address to the mainsail log file but still no joy.

I wonder if anyone can advise on a possible ‘fix’? please
fluidd-access.log (18.0 KB)
fluidd-error.log (1.3 KB)
klippy.log (5.8 KB)
moonraker.log (336.5 KB)

See Installing Klipper with KIAUH and in particular chapter 5.

Hi Sineos,
I got to step 7 of your instructions where you look for the firmware for the printer, but all i get is klippy not connected!.
I followed this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ru0mH3F8M) which is very much like your instructions.

TBH, I’m not very much interested in some arbitrary videos, but according to your log you clearly did not follow what is written in the beginning of chapter 5 in the link above.

printer.cfg (3.3 KB)
this is the file i followed in the beginning of chap 5 and placed in printer date/config section. i then restarted klipper as stated. but it still doesnt work and for some reason it doesnt seem to change the error log either?

For every change, please also provide the corresponding klippy.log file.

i decided to re-install a fresh copy. followed your instructions to the word.
it shows an error: Include file ‘/home/quad121/printer_data/config/macros.cfg’ does not exist’
klippy(2).log (12.2 KB)
Also, even though i uploaded the printer.cfg file using mainsails upload as shown in your instructions, it doenst show this change in the klippy.log?
I’ve also checked the printer.cfg file is in the right location and has updated :/home/****/printer_data/config

It seems that you might be editing the wrong printer.cfg file. The correct one is /home/quad121/printer_data/config/printer.cfg

Yes that’s correct I’m modifying the correct file then!
klippy 2.log (1.8 KB)

Delete

[include macros.cfg]

then restart Klipper and come back with a fresh log if the issue persists.

Many thanks that seems to have sorted out that problem. Had to do a few mods to the printer configuration but it is now functioning

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.