GAN - Generative Artificial Nonsense

This has nothing to do with 3D printing!

Yeah, a friend of mine who likes to cook tried Stable Diffusion - Wikipedia

His question was “Gordon Ramsay riding on a tiger”.

Result

Edit: sorry wrong link

ChatGPT has protections in place to prevent you from generating a real person. It does however change the prompt automatically into a more generic one and uses that.

This is as bad as it will ever be. I have ChatGPT GPT-4 managing my klipper config, creating macros, g-code macros, Its amazing at customizing menu configuration if its given the klipper docs (I concatenated all of the markdown into a single text file).

I’m setting up a new company and the ability to use AI to generate images and basic sales copy is amazing. I’m not at the point where I’d trust it with creating code, however - regardless of how trivial it is.

AI is that sometimes it comes up with things that just astounds.For example, “A housewife 200 years from now with her 3D printer”:

I get a big kick out of this one (“A female vampire using a 3D printer”) - look at what she’s printing:

AI is terrible with coming up with designs for 3D printers, but what I’ve really been surprised at is the really interesting print models it comes up with:

As attractive as these images are, there are huge errors in technical details which means that you need to review them carefully if they’re going to be used in anything other than a superficial manner and even then you have to check because you get images like the one below that looks great until you notice the Starship crewperson has five fingers (and then you can’t stop looking at it).

So, I’d be very leery of using AI for any kind of code generation at the current time, especially like implementing PID rules as PID is literally a control operation and incorrect values can lead to some very significant problems.

I should also point out that AI is an incredible time suck - you will naturally put in things like “1950s robot using a 3D printer” and the results will have you coming back for more:

The next paragraph has nothing to do with 3D printing!

The above picture is way better :smile:
Do you know who G.Ramsay is (British cook)? Could be an FDM 3D printing fan. Similar nuts. No offense Mr. Ramsay!

But back to 3D printing.

I don’t refuse AI!

…is a good example. There is definitively potential regarding 3D printing and it might be a topic for Klipper in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.