Help find config error

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Vcore 31
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro + SHT42 (canbus)
klippy.log
klippy.log (140.0 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I am installing the Zprobe Beacon… and I have removed the references in the configuration to the previous probe…
But I had to leave something out, because I’m getting this error:

I have searched through the configuration files and the log, and I have not found anything.
I have tried commenting with # several includes, but I didn’t know how to find the error

Does anyone have an idea what causes this error?

thx

I do not know what you did but your log shows you declared the [BDsensor] and not the original Beacon 3D: Klipper Config - BEACON DOCUMENTATION

BDsensor is the zprobe, which I had working before, and the one I am trying to replace… with a Beacon

i have configure Beacon with web of Beacon Docs.

[beacon]
serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Beacon_Beacon_RevH_A0BB93794E5737374D202020FF093421-if00
x_offset: -20 # update with offset from nozzle on your machine
y_offset: 0 # update with offset from nozzle on your machine
mesh_main_direction: x
mesh_runs: 2

Then you have to undo all the thinks for the BDSensor and properly install the Beacon 3D as described in their docs.
Due to wrong declaration/installation the probe is not defined hence unknown to Klipper.

It seems you have missed this step: Quick Start - BEACON DOCUMENTATION

Quite the same as with the BD sensor clone.
@Peurif why did you swap the BD sensor with the Beacon?

I just installed the BD sensor on my CoreXY.

Yes… Well, i am in process…

Again the question what was the reason you went from the BD sensor to the beacon3d.
Did you wait so long for the beacon3d delivery that you tested the bd sensor or why did you throw it out again?

Some time ago, about 6 months ago, I decided to change my Zprobe, I was using an inductive… After examining the market and seeing the various options (Bltouch, irsensor, beacon, euclid,…) I decided on Beacon…

When I went to buy it, I stopped the cost a bit, it was and is expensive… Also at that time I was involved in the installation of a Canboard, and Beacon can’t connect to the Canboard, it has to connect to RPi…

Well, by chance I found out about Bdsensor, a Zprobe that could be connected to the Canboard and at a lower price, it also added Real Time bed leveling, but only in Marlin (I think the developer has released a beta for Real time bed leveling in Klipper)…

So I didn’t think twice and decided to give it a try… The truth is that to date I am very happy but I always want to try Beacon, as well as some buts to Bdsensor… What has made me change:

• At the time, it was a small project, you could see a home-made halo (Mellow recently bought it and has just released a v2)

• The Real Time Bed Leveling, promised for Klipper, did not arrive.

• I didn’t have, nor does it have (I don’t know why) Klipper support, the installation is homemade, and in the update manager it is marked as dirty

• Updates have to be done manually, with a process… Buff…

• The H version of Beacon (just out) has an accelerometer…

• Speed, I’ve seen Beacon videos at 500mm/s

• Resolution, you can have a 20x20 dot mesh, in no time, maybe (being optimistic) in a couple of minutes.

• And, I hope, consistency. With Bdsensor I have to adjust the Z-axis on each print, hopefully with Beacon I just have to do it in material change

But, above all, something that motivates me since I started in 3d printing with a Hepestos (Prusa clone), to try new things… I’m sure that if I did the math, with all the money I’ve spent on I3d, I could have bought an Ultimaker… But I wouldn’t have learned so much (Cartesian, delta, Duet, corexy, klipper…). At the beginning I had the idea that we could take advantage of it economically.

At the time, I realized that this idea was for a few… To print calibration cubes and Benchys. You don’t have to spend so much money… But nevertheless, I have enjoyed and enjoy it, every euro invested, no… Every euro spent on 3D printing… And it’s one of the activities that has motivated me the most since I got over the brain tumor

And that’s kind of the summary… I’ll have left things out, I’m sure. But if one sentence can sum up why I’m installing Beacon, it would be…

TRY NEW THINGS, DON’T GET STUCK

Thank you for the feedback.

As far as I saw/know you have to patch Klipper for the Beacon3D as well though I thought to have read something about native support.
Real Time measurement is available as beta implementation.

Due to missing bed I can’t test it on my own yet.

But yeah the beacon is quite expensive and having high shipping costs to Germany.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.