Help with ender 6 and linux

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ender 6
MCU / Printerboard:4.2.2
klippy.log
klippy (2).log (24.5 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue:i am new to all of this i am trying to set up klipper running from a laptop on linux mint. i am using a ender 6 with stock everything for now until i atleast get it going like this i have used kiuah and downloaded everthing and also used the desuu to keep my screen working but i cant seem to connect to klipper. now it tells me mcu unable to connect please help if you can

Your log file is saying that it can’t find the port to connect to the printers mainboard. If you type in “lsusb” into the linux terminal, do you see your mainboard listed there? If you type in “ls /dev/serial/by-id”, do you get an error or are there entries there? If so, what are they?

no i dont see my mainboard listed there. and i get a no such file or directory if i type ls /dev/serial/by-id

So if your linux computer can’t see it with lsusb, it means that it is not connected at the hardware level. This could be due to a number of reasons, including:

• The cable you are using is either faulty, or it is a “power-only” cable (ie the data lines in the cable are not connected). Try another cable.

• The firmware you flashed to the mainboard is not configured properly. If you accidentally configured firmware for a serial connection (when you did “make menuconfig”), then the usb port on the mainboard will not be active. I suggest going back into make menuconfig, rechecking the configuration for the mainboard, recompiling the firmware, and re-flashing using the micro SD card

From the example config file:

To use this config, during "make menuconfig" select the STM32F103 with a "28KiB bootloader" and serial (on USART1 PA10/PA9) communication.

ok it still dont show up with the ls /dev/serial/by id… but with the lsusb command it shows up as QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter

What did you do to make it show up with lsusb?

changed the usb cord

i also recompiled the firmware but i still cant get the ls dev command to give me the mcu port