Klipper Not Running after Ender Sprite Pro installation

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 v2
MCU / Printerboard: 4.2.2 with gd32f303
klippy (22).log (632.2 KB)

Hello, I created a thread previously when I was having trouble getting klipper up and running. I was successful, but I just installed an ender sprite pro extruder and have encountered the same error “cannot connect to mcu”. My printer was flashed correctly as it was working previously. It seems that the orangepi that I am using is no longer detecting the board of the printer because it doesn’t show up when I enter “lsusb”. I also do not see anything when I do ls /dev/serial/by-id/*. The cable was also the same cable I was previously using.

Did you try https://klipper.discourse.group/t/how-to-trouble-shoot ( Connection Problems to the Printer Board)?

Please post all outputs (especially dmesg).

Good luck, hcet14

I have tried some of the troubleshooting methods but have had some trouble interpreting some of the data. Here is my dmesg.txt file for you if you would like to take the look. It seems that the connection is not showing up despite the cable working before.
dmesg.txt (120.5 KB)

What does

ls /dev/serial/by-id/*

say?

It says cannot access /dev/serial/by-id/* no such file or directory but it was returning something previously.

If it ran before, have you checked all connectors after the conversion? Inclusive the USB cable?

I have tried multiple different ports and checked the connection but have not been able to get it to connect to the printer board.

When you power on the printer, is there some LED glowing?

If you are referring to a blue led on the board then yes there is. It just light6s up and stays lit when I turn it on.

What happens when you disconnect the extruder unit?

Just to frame the issue correctly:

• From the information you have provided, it looks like that the board is not even recognized on OS / USB level
  • If it worked correctly before but stopped to do so after your modifications, then there is a chance that you might have caused
    • a short circuit, potentially even destroying the board
    • some other hardware defects that prevent the board from booting up

I recommend checking this systematically:

• Remove everything from the board
  • Attach the naked board to either a Linux or Windows computer
  • Check with the relevant tools, e.g. dmesg, if the board is recognized on OS level
  • If the naked board is not even recognized, then chances are good that you fried it
  • If it is recognized, then begin equipping the board one by one until it potentially fails again.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.