How setup Ebb 42?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: vcore 3
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus pro
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue:

It’s not a issue…

I was using it with an Octopus board, a Mellow Sht 42… And I’m trying to change it for a Bigtreech Ebb42… Connecting them with usb to Rpi, but the documentation I find is not very detailed…

I think I’ve done well to flash the firmware with Stm… But when I connect it to RPi, although it appears in “lsusb”, I try to run the script to find out the uuid, and it doesn’t work

Is there any way to know if I have flashed the firmware well and if RPi is detected the board if you connected it by usb? And what would need to be done for Klipper to detect it? (if it is well configured)

Another resource that could help me is how to configure a board similar to that, such as the huvud.

Or someone who has managed to set up an Ebb42 board via usb

Please help…

Look here:

Thx…

But these info, if i connect by Canbus… Not for usb…

I think I have to buy a Utoc…

¿The same but with usb?

You will only get a uuid if you’re using CAN. If you want to use the board connected to USB, then all you need is the serial device

ls /dev/serial/by-id/*

Thx…

Seems works…

I take this opportunity to make a second query…

I have read, in this forum and in other places, that the USB cable connection is not the best option, since disconnections can occur… and, this is my case, in fact it is the reason why I am trying this EBB42, instead of the SHT42, which I had installed. Because on a couple of occasions the impressions failed, due to “timeouts” in the communication with the SHT42.

If as it seems, I install the connection by CAN interface. Can I mix brands? that is, I can use:

• Bigtreetech EBB42 with a Mellow FLY-UTOC-1

and vice versa

-Bigtreetech U2C V1.1 with a Mellow SHT42

Indeed the whole point of using these boards is to use the CAN interface that was designed to be reasonably immune to interference. When I read your original post I assumed you were trying to run CAN because you were trying to obtain the board ID.

You can generally speaking mix and match any of the CAN tool boards with any of the USB to CAN adapters. I use several different EBB tool boards with the Makerbase CANable Pro, for example.

Note though that it is currently recommended to use a USB to CAN adapter that runs the candleLight firmware.

I think I’ll try the can interface, the USB connection has given me disconnection problems…

The question is the one I raised before, can I mix Mellow with Bigtreetech?

Yes, I answered this above:

I have decided to try the Canbus connection… I need information, especially on the part of the CANBUS TOOLHEAD…, also the question of which one to buy

• Mellow UTOC 1
    either
  • BIGTREETECH U2C.

It seems that I prefer Mellow UTOC1

The part of the toolboard, I have it more or less clear… in fact I have managed to make it work with USB…
Does anyone know of a resource where there is documentation / tutorial

I read in the openingpost that you run the printer with a octopus pro board, you can use that one as a USB → CAN bridge, then you don’t need extra hardware to run on CAN and you use the RJ11 connector from the octopus.

I have my Ender 5+ working like this and till now this is very satisfying setup.

more info about this you can find in these topics:

1 Like

Thanks for the information… if I can’t configure it like that, I’ll try that method…
One thing that you may not have given the necessary importance to is the placement of the jumpers.

Attached photos of the current position of the jumpers as well as the lights on, both the Mellow Utoc and the EBB42.

i haved try to do two things

A) Lsusb
a.1- i have disconnected from USB Utoc board, and send “lsusb”, with the results

pi@ratos:~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1d50:614e OpenMoko, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

a.2- I have power off rpi and Octopus, and reconnect USB Utoc, and send “lsusb”, with the results

pi@ratos:~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1d50:614e OpenMoko, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1d50:606f OpenMoko, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

This line, Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1d50:606f OpenMoko, Inc., its new, suppose that is UTOC, that seems detected by rPi

B) Script for find UUID? (not sure)

cd klipper
cd lib
cd canboot
python3 flash_can.py -q

with these response

Resetting all bootloader node IDs…
Checking for canboot nodes…
ERROR:root:Can Flash Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “flash_can.py”, line 596, in main
loop.run_until_complete(sock.run_query(intf))
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 584, in run_until_compl ete
return future.result()
File “flash_can.py”, line 488, in run_query
await self._query_uuids()
File “flash_can.py”, line 406, in _query_uuids
resp = await self.admin_node.readexactly(8, diff)
File “flash_can.py”, line 282, in readexactly
return await asyncio.wait_for(self._reader.readexactly(n), timeout)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 416, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/streams.py”, line 677, in readexactly
raise IncompleteReadError(incomplete, n)
asyncio.streams.IncompleteReadError: 0 bytes read on a total of 8 expected bytes

that response is nothing like the expected one, which among other things should return the UUID.

any ideas? The jumpers maybe?

You need to activate the 120R resistor on the EBB42 by putting a jumper there:

mmm… same error

python3 flash_can.py -q
Resetting all bootloader node IDs...
Checking for canboot nodes...
ERROR:root:Can Flash Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "flash_can.py", line 596, in main
    loop.run_until_complete(sock.run_query(intf))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 584, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "flash_can.py", line 488, in run_query
    await self._query_uuids()
  File "flash_can.py", line 406, in _query_uuids
    resp = await self.admin_node.readexactly(8, diff)
  File "flash_can.py", line 282, in readexactly
    return await asyncio.wait_for(self._reader.readexactly(n), timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/streams.py", line 677, in readexactly
    raise IncompleteReadError(incomplete, n)
asyncio.streams.IncompleteReadError: 0 bytes read on a total of 8 expected bytes

Maybe i have to put bridges in the UTOC side?

Thats doesn’t look like the procedure I followed… I followed the instructions on CANBUS - Klipper documentation

I found the uuid by the command

~/klippy-env/bin/python ~/klipper/scripts/canbus_query.py can0