Hybrid_corexz help

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender hybrid_corexz
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.7
klippy.log
klippy-2.log (1.7 MB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

EDIT: After altering the config slightly and altering my stepper wiring for direction all is working now. This post can be deleted.

… First timer so I apologize if this is in the wrong section or I didn’t do something proper with uploading the Klippy log. After trying to do “something different” with my printer I’ve ended up with a hybrid_corexz as exactly described by the config reference and example config. The kinematics move the same as a CoreXZ but the Z is on it’s own belt system and independent of the X.

My X stepper moves X but also moves with Z in the background, Y stepper is on it’s own movement, and Z stepper is it’s own movement. The only difference with cartesian is the X motor has to move with the Z to maintain proper positioning. At least that’s what I have and the Config Reference describes. (if i’m wrong pleas let me know)

However I’m running into a major issue and there is next to no documentation I can find on hybrid corexz (only corexy) outside from said config reference and example which I’ve simply replaced the lines need in my printer.cfg to match the config example. Everything moves smooth and freely when powered off, and all steppers are wired correctly for rotation to their respective ports on the mainboard, so the pinouts are the same as before this conversion. The only other thing i changed was the rotation distance on Z since it’s a belt system now not leadscrews.

So my problem is nothing moves the way it should if at all. When I home Y, (which should only move on it’s own) Z buzzes like it’s trying to move first, then homes Y properly. When I try to home X the X motor does nothing, and the Z “buzzes”. Changing the stepper directions simply causes grinding and I do an emergency shutdown.

When I have gotten some motion, homing Y, Z will move down and along the X then home Y. When homing X, Z will move down and along X then fail to move X. It’s behaving as if the X stepper is no longer part of the equation.

This is as far as I’ve gotten since I can’t move anything beyond trying to home them. All other functions work except the motion system. Any and all help is appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.