Is there a Step by step guide for katapult?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender5+
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus pro (stm32f429xx), EBB42 (stm32g0b1xx)
klippy(4).zip (10.1 KB)

Describe your issue:

My current setup is build as followed: The Octopus pro is configured as a can-bridge, the EBB is connected to the onboard RJ11 plug of the octopus pro.

It took me a lot of time and failures to get this up and running, but now it is outdated and I would like to update it.

To make it more future proof, I would like to use the katapult, so that I can update my boards over CAN instead of taking them out and reflash them. It is a long time ago that I made this config, so its is very fuzzy in my memory on how I achieved it…

There are a lot of “shards” of info to be found on the internet and here, but some of them are not complete or contradictory. (in my humble opinion)

Is there some kind of step by step guide, or someone willing to explain me the steps to follow to update my configuration?

Kind regards,
M.

Did you read GitHub - Arksine/katapult: Configurable bootloader for Klipper?

Good luck. hcet14

here:

Use the current CanBoot to update to Katapult.
Compile the new Katapult with the deployer option set.

Update your CAN boards first (Not the Octopus Board), Katapult, then Klipper, since the deployer wipes the rest of the flash memory space.

Then it is best on the Octopus to set Kalapult for USB communications (the top default setting) and Klipper for CAN bus bridge. This is because when you update Katapult to CAN com, there will be no CAN bus because it wiped out Klipper.

Then use Katapult via USB to install Klipper and after the CAN bus will be back up.

If you ever need to update Katapult on the Octopus or Klipper you will need to double click the reset to get Katapult into loading mode via USB. Update Klipper using Katapult, update Katapult via deployer.

Note the ID for Kataplut and Klipper will be different but only the name in the ID.

Thanks for all those tips, I will have some reading to do in the coming days!

@Napcal, I am not using canboot now, at the time I just flashed the controllers, the mainboard by SD card, and the EBB board with a ST tool i think…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.