KAMP LINE PURGE Not Working

Printer Model: Ender 3 V2 Neo
MCU / Printerboard: stm32f103xe

Full disclosure, I only got Klipper set up yesterday, but so far its been pretty awesome getting to know it.

I was looking for easy Macro’s to do line purging before prints, and stubmled upon KAMP which seems fantastic, I have adaptive mesh working, but Line Purging seems to be skipped. If I run it as a stand alone command, I get:

[Extruder] max_extrude_cross_section is insufficient for purge, please set it to 5 or greater. Purge skipped.

This seems to be an error that is spit out from KAMP, but I am not sure what I would do about fixing it exactly?

1 Like

There’s not enough information to help you.

Please reply with your klippy.log attached as you were instructed when you put in the original post.

I am looking through this, and honestly not really sure how to parse this in any meaingful way… but the logs are attached.

There are lines with “max_extrude_cross_section” in them, but again, I don’t really understand where I would go about changing that or setting it to a value where this would work. Hopefully the logs help.

logs-20231228-211730.zip (1.6 MB)

See Configuration reference - Klipper documentation and GitHub - kyleisah/Klipper-Adaptive-Meshing-Purging: A unique leveling solution for Klipper-enabled 3D printers!

Ah, I don’t know how I missed this…

Note: It is required to add max_extrude_cross_section: 5 to your [extruder] config to allow effective purging to be possible. KAMP will warn you if you forget to set this value, and skip the purge so the printer will not be halted. It is also recommended to set up firmware_retraction inside of klipper so KAMP can use the correct retraction settings for your machine. If this is not found, KAMP will warn you, and use reasonable direct-drive extruder values to complete the purge.

I will give this a try when my current print finishes. Thanks for pointing this out.

It worked, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.