Klipper & Creality Filament Runout Sensor configuration

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creality Ender 3 Pro
MCU / Printerboard: Creality Silent Board v4.2.7

Describe your issue:

Hello there my fellow Klippers!

I’m pretty new using Klipper/Moonraker/Mainsail, at first glance i really love the UI! :slight_smile:

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to make my filament runout sensor act the same way as it did when i was running the stock Marlin firmware.

Normally (with Marlin) when the sensor is triggerd and the printer runs out of filament, it paused the print moved the toolhead to a safe spot, beeped a bit and retracted a bit, then i had the chance to swap out the filament spool and push the filament throug the extruder stepper and a bit down the PTFE tube and then i had 2 choises on the LCD “Purge” and “Continue”.

Finally my question for the forum…

Now when i’m running Klipper/Moonraker/Mainsail when the sensor is triggerd and the printer runs out of filament, it will pause the print and move the toolhead to a safe spot… BUT… In the exact second i put the filament into the sensor (Notice, i still have to route it about 70cm) it starts the print right away.

Is there anyone that can help me figuring out how to make the printer ask to “Purge” og “Continue” when it detects new filament in the sensor again?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.