KlipperScreen question

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 v2 neo
MCU / Printerboard: v. 4.2.2
klippy.log

Hello. Somebody knows if I will manage to run klipper screen on this screen? It’s a 5" touch screen, 800 x 480, but I don’t know what is the brand of the screen. I want to buy it, but I want to be sure that klipperScreen will run properly. If there is more info about the screen needed, please let me know.

I would first search here https://klipper.discourse.group/t/hardware-known-to-work-with-klipperscreen and if not successful ask there.

Good luck, hcet14

Looking at the image, I see that it connects to the host system via HDMI for video and USB for power.

I would think that if you’re using a Raspberry Pi (or clone/work alike) that has an HDMI connector and a spare USB port (which also supplies power) it will work fine. When you boot, you should see the start up information scroll across the screen and, if you’ve loaded a “full” OS image, the desktop will display and will respond to touches. Going further, KlipperScreen should come up without issues once it’s loaded.

Now, you will have to find a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and ensure that your host can supply an extra Amp or so of current for the display. Along with this, you may have to change some settings for the best orientation for the display but the link provided by @hcet14 will probably have the answers you’re seeking.

I am using PC with Debian 11 installed and I want to try this via DisplayPort-HDMI adapter. Would it produce any problems?

From a hardware perspective, I’m very sure that the display above will work but you may have to make some configuration changes for proper operation.

If you’re going to try it out, you will need some pretty good Linux technical skills and have a reasonable understanding of how to search for solutions to problems and understand what is being presented and how to implement them.

At a basic threshold, I would say if you can’t log in remotely to your Debian PC then you don’t have the skills to get this working if any problems come up.

Thank you for your response. I can easily connect with my Debian 11 with putty, so remote connection is not a problem. I will try to connect this screen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anybody is interested - I have connected this screen via display port → HDMI adapter to my HP PC with debian 11 and it works like ‘plug and play’. No config changes needed!

You could post your conclusions here https://klipper.discourse.group/t/hardware-known-to-work-with-klipperscreen

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.