Klippy not connected? after updates

it is printing again… so I guess it is okay… send a g-code file from cura to the printer and it is running… So Yes , it is okay… :slight_smile:

I get to old for this shit… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I uninstalled Klipper with Kiauh, then reinstalled. But I’m still stuck. Is there a command to uninstall the latest updates?

Start with a new SD Card - keep the current one but start with a new one.

One thing is that you have everything loaded - I’m wondering if you’re getting interactions between the apps. Why don’t you start with just:

• Klipper
  • Moonraker
  • Mainsail (or Fluidd)

and work from there.

1 Like

Can you confirm that your klippy.log is like Swets’? ie almost empty.
If there is nothing in the klippy.log, the next place to look is in the system log: journalctl -u klipper.

If for some reason klipper can’t initialize, the klippy.log file will contain nothing. This can be caused by issues with the interpreter or third-party modules. Or a low level error killing the process. These failures will be logged in the system log, accessible via the command I mentioned above.

You may also want to browse the unfiltered system log with journalctl --boot, looking for some related failure, like file system errors.

Apparently it can’t find my printer anymore.
Under Putty, I give it this command:
ls /dev/serial/by-id/*
And my response is:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/serial/by-id/*
ls: cannot access ‘/dev/serial/by-id/*’: No such file or directory

At this point, I don’t know what to do.
I think I’m good at doing a full reinstall…
Here is my log:

1 Like

Ok, so your host klipper runs fine on the rpi side. It is likely that your are affected by this debian issue.

Thank you very much everyone for the help
I have access to the printer again. I just have to recover the camera which has become mute. But it’s the lesser evil.

1 Like

Don’t do os package updates while this page reports the version 247.3-7+deb11u2. It’s likely that your last systemd update was causing /dev/serial/by-id/* to disappear.
The version 247.3-7+deb11u3 solves this issue and will hopefully be released soon.

1 Like