MCU 'mcu' shutdown: Timer too close & Loaded MCU

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3v2
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.2
klippy.log
klippy.zip (792.1 KB)

I am running Fluidd on a lightweight Debian in a VM in Truenas, I installed it using the Kiauh method and it keeps giving me this disconnect error. I have passed through the USB 3.1 ports and it prints small objects fine but every time I try a long print it disconnects with the above error, there is also a comment in the log about “Loaded MCU ‘mcu’ 105 commands” I do not want to revert to using a PI again when I have a server that can do the work for me. Can someone tell me what is going on in the logs? Why did this happen?

Thanks, :slight_smile:

Your klippy.log says:

Transition to shutdown state: MCU 'mcu' shutdown: Timer too close
This often indicates the host computer is overloaded. Check
for other processes consuming excessive CPU time, high swap
usage, disk errors, overheating, unstable voltage, or
similar system problems on the host computer.

Did you rule out these possible errors? I don’t think your NAS is overloaded, but may do something else (… well it’s a NAS :wink:)

I wouldn’t recommend to use a NAS for Klipper.

Good luck, hcet14

I don’t think it would be overloaded, I do have 2 other VM’s running, a Windows one and another one for Home Assistant. I have tried with another VM and got the same issue, I did notice that it disconnected the USB ports so not sure if using USB 3.1 is the issue. According to the graph the CPU never reached more than 15% max usage in the last 24 hours.

Regarding VM, you may have a look here:

I would.

I don’t think so.

1 Like

Ah, what a shame, I did not want to have extra stuff to turn on when the PC (TrueNas box) is right next to the 3D printer. It would have been very convenient to have everything on one PC and not a separate one to run the 3D printer.

What TrueNAS flavor do you have?
The scale SCALE version runs a linux kernel. Klipper should behave better in a container than a VM.

2 Likes

@Piezo

My idea too, but I’m not familiar with Docker etc.

I am running Scale, I do have several containers running. I did notice a Fluidd container but ran it and nothing happened, I could not connect to it, from what I understand you need Moonraker installed as well, there are no notes to show you how to use it.