Metadata not showing in Mainsail

Printer model: Ender 3 V2
MCU: Raspberry Pi
Slicer Cura 5.1.0
klippy (3).zip (34.3 KB)

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get all the metadata to show for the G-Code files. I attached a screen shot & you can see most of the metadata is not there like nozzle dia, filament name, type & weight etc.

I don’t know if this is a slicer issue or a Mainsail/Klipper issue but I cannot find any information on either.

Any suggestions?

Check your gcode file if the information is contained in the first few lines. If not, then there is nothing to display in the web-if.
As far as I’m aware, Cura does not put down such information by default.

See http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/Replacement_Patterns.html for available replacement patterns. Put it into the start gcode although I do not know which keywords are expected by moonraker.

Could be moonraker/metadata.py at 60b871adbe3ed363ca999d3a080cf335a71baddb · Arksine/moonraker · GitHub

Maybe @Arksine can comment

Thanks for that. I will have a look through it & see what I get working.

The short explanation is that Cura does not add this metadata by default. I believe the following needs to be added to your Start G-Code in Cura:

;Filament weight = {filament_weight}
;Nozzle diameter = {machine_nozzle_size}
;Filament type = {material_type}
;Filament name = {material_name}

References:

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I added these & they are showing in my saved G-Code file now.
Unfortunately not that simple as Mainsail still doesn’t show it. So the next step is to find out how to get Mainsail to show these details.

Thanks for that thread!
Yesterday I added the parameter to Cura start code and since then it shows it in Mainsail:

So in general it should work!

1 Like

So this was working for a nice while but for some unknown reason it just stopped working.

The last time is worked for me was November 8th didn’t work on November 10th?
It is as if the metadata nonmature has changed in Cura 5.1.0?