Moonraker is looking in the wrong place?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3V2
MCU / Printerboard: BTT mini E3V3
klippy (6).log (126.5 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

I was trying to configure some webcams using crowsnest. I did not have the printers on. I altered the moonraker.conf and mainsail.cfg. Now I cannot connect with the mcu.

My installation is a Evoke III laptop with Mint xfce installed. My printers and webcams are connected via powered USB hub, to the USB3 on the Evoke. Yesterday this configuration worked.

Now moonraker is warning:

file_manager: Klipper configuration file not located in ‘config’ folder.

Klipper Config Path: /home/galactus/E3V2_data/config/printer.cfg

Config Folder: /home/galactus/BiquB1_data/config

My mainsail cfg is:

[virtual_sdcard]

path: /home/galactus/E3V2_data/gcodes

My moonraker conf is:

[server]

port: 7125

klippy_uds_address: /home/galactus/E3V2_data/comms/klippy.sock

What am I missing? Where can I edit the config folder for moonraker?

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. This was produced by the command: Already up to date.
Error: unable to find config: /home/galactus/klipper_config/moonraker.conf
galactus@OctoKlipper:~/moonraker$

Did you install klipper etc using kiauh? If so, take a look in ~/printer_data/confg.

I notice that your username is not “pi”, I seem to remember reading something recently that one of the components (not klipper) is hardcoded to recognise the user as “pi” only, so if nothing else works, do a google search on that.

Finally, you can set the paths by editing /etc/systemd/system/klipper.service, you will need to use sudo to edit it. Here is my klipper.service for reference:

[Unit]
Description=Starts Klipper and provides klippy Unix Domain Socket API
Documentation=https://www.klipper3d.org/
After=network.target
Before=moonraker.service
Wants=udev.target

[Install]
Alias=klippy
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Service]
Environment=KLIPPER_CONFIG=/home/pi/printer_data/config/printer.cfg
Environment=KLIPPER_LOG=/home/pi/klipper_logs/klippy.log
Environment=KLIPPER_SOCKET=/tmp/klippy_uds
Type=simple
User=pi
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart= /home/pi/klippy-env/bin/python /home/pi/klipper/klippy/klippy.py ${KLIPPER_CONFIG} -l ${KLIPPER_LOG} -a ${KLIPPER_SOCKET}
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the straightforward answer. Hopefully, this will help.

I ended up waiting and reinstalling my instances. This solved my problem now I can access both printers and print on them simultaneously. Other problems remain (sending files to one via the slicer, but dropping files on the other), webcams not operating as expected. But, for now, its a usable setup. Thanks to all who helped this noob. Be well and happy!

This fixed the error for me. Thanks so much! I just had to add the line:
Environment=KLIPPER_CONFIG=/home/pi/printer_data/config/printer.cfg

1 Like