Move out of range: -0.179 -18.285 0.345 [13.500]

Basic Information:

Ender 3 Pro
MCU / Printerboard:BTT SKR Mini E3 V2.0
klippy.log (329.9 KB)

klippy.log

Describe your issue: New to Klipper. Trying to convert several Ender and CR Creality machines to run Klipper. Have been able to install Klipper and Mainsail on Raspberry Pis and the associated firmware onto BTT SKR Mini E3 mobos (which are in all machines). Have been able to get the machine to home and auto level with BLTouch and produce heightmap. When I try to print a benchy model sliced in Cura, the bed and extruder heat as expected, the machine homes as expected, and when the heat target is reached, the hotend lowers as expected as it moves to the front left side of the bed. It prints the two lines as expected to clear the nozzle, but when it moves back to the front left of the bed, it lowers slightly, the produces the error message “Move out of range: -0.179 -18.285 0.345 [13.500]” and stops. I have looked at the Klippy.log to see if I see any indications of what the problem is, but am not sure what I am looking for. Can you please help me analyze and fix the problem?

Hello @ricklemon342 !

Have you set the slicer correct?

• Origin front left or
  • Origin centre?

Thanks for your quick reply. I have the origin set for the middle of the bed I think. Not sure how to do otherwise…

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=prusa+bed+origin
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=cura+bed+origin

1 Like

Thanks. The origin is set for the center of the bed. I did notice that the bed size in Cura was 220X220. I changed them to 235 to match my Klipper profile, but printing result was exactly the same.

Set it to front left corner

1 Like

Just uncheck this here in the Curas machine settings:
grafik

Thank all of you. The print started this time, but then I got an error Extrude below minimum temp
See the ‘min_extrude_temp’ config option for details. I’ll try printing it again. Could be that the incorrect wrong thermistor in the profile?

When I start a print, the printer homes, the bed heats to the target temperature, the extruder heats up and stabilizes, but as soon as the printhead starts to move to the left front to print the lines to clear the nozzle, both the bed and extruder target temperatures go to zero.

The printer continues to print the lines on the left and starts the benchy print itself. When the temperature falls below the minimum temperature, the print stops.

Sounds like a lose contact.
Check cables and connectors of the heating element of the hotend.

1 Like

I had an error in my PRINT_START macro. Corrected it and seems to be printing properly now. Thanks to you all for your help. I appreciate it!

What exact error was this?
Except that you only need one line for each of the bed and hotend heating I don’t see anything obvious or it is already too late. :smile:

Actually, I was mistaken. It was in CURA. . I had START_PRINT plus some parameters for the bed and extruder in the Start G-Code box of the Machine Settings. I just removed those parameters back to merely START_PRINT and it started working.

2 Likes