New klipper/mainsail/fluidd install

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ender5+ rebuilt
MCU / Printerboard:octopus pro v1.1
Host / SBC bananapi-m5
klippy.log not made any yet

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

bringing up a highly modified Ender5plus. I’ve installed by kiauh, made a firmware.bin and reflashed the btt octopus pro v1.1. I have put that printer.cfg in /home/me/printer_data/config.I don’t have octoprint, so how do I go about getting my first console so I can run the config_checks.md tools? Installation.md seems to assume octoprint, but I’ll not normally use it.

nevermind, finally found firefox localhost:80 gets me there. Why does it not say so in the docs?

Thanks

Mention, that the browser runs on the same device as the Klipper/Mainsail/Fluidd installation would have made a difference.

On my local network, all behind my router, that machine has an alias in the hosts files, and I can see and control that machine by sending chromium or firefox to e5p:80. From any other machine here. Ditto an ssh -X login, or for file xfers, sshfs. This machine has the best monitor and the most comfortable chair, so I do a lot of maintenance/configuring work from this chair. No difference in the result. So I’m curious, what difference does it make?

That implies that the browser runs on the same system as Mainsail/Fluidd

1 Like