NPN sensor light will trigger but not stop the Z-axis

Printer Model: Tronxy x5SA ro
MCU / Printerboard: Manta M8P + CB1
klippy.log (3.9 MB)

I recently switch the board on my Tronxy x5sa pro to the Manta M8P + CB1 I installed Klipper and when i got to the point where you check the configs as temp and Endstops , . . . . i run to an problem when i run the Query_endstops i see all Endstops as open, when i manually Triger the X and Y it reacts and i see the message that they are triggered except for the Z the sensor light will trigger when i manually Triger it but in in klipper i see it always as open.

ever resolve this? have same problem

What version of the Manta M8P are you using? 1.0 or 1.1?

Nope, i change the sensor for an 3d touch

Try playing around with the ^ before the pin. Such pins typically require a pull-up. Otherwise start a new thread and post the relevant information.

Ondrej,

This is the exact printer and board that I happen to be working on. X5SA-PRO 400 with a Manta 8P + CB1. I’m still trying to iron out some issues, but this may be enough to get you going. I’ve attached my config for reference but if your only issue is the proximity sensor you’ll just need this:

[stepper_z]
step_pin: PD7
dir_pin: !PD6
enable_pin: !PF10
microsteps: 16
rotation_distance: 8
endstop_pin: probe:z_virtual_endstop <— important
position_min: -5
position_max: 400
homing_speed: 100
second_homing_speed: 2.5

Proximity switch: Add the pullup jumper on the small pins at the THB socket and set FAN6 to use the 24V supply.

[probe]
pin: !PF6
samples: 3
speed: 2
x_offset: -38.5
y_offset: -10.0
z_offset: 4

If you use my config I have the following custom changes:
printer.cfg (6.3 KB)

1. My extruder rotation distance is for a BIQU H2
  2. My probe is in a different location due to the upgraded extruder
  3. I couldn’t get THB to read the temperature correctly so the bed is TH0 and E0 is TH1.
  4. I’m trying to tweak the TMC2209 config to get the motors quieter. The values are based on Marlin 24V chopper settings, so they’re experimental right now.

Hi thank for the reply,

I changed the sensor for the 3d touch. The original was not a good choice for the lattice glass bed. I could not trust it. But if you have the same board do you control the RGB led ? What spec. has the RGB led strip and what macro do you use to enable it?

with regards
Ondrej

št 26. 1. 2023 o 23:03 Ian Freislich via Klipper <notifications@klipper.discoursemail.com> napísal(a):

I’ve only been using Klipper for 3 days now so I haven’t even looked into macros and LED control. Any NeoPixel strip should work.

The proximity probe isn’t bad, but like you, I installed a 3d touch.

Marlin, original probe and board, glass bed:
Send: M48
Recv: M48 Z-Probe Repeatability Test
Recv: Finished!
Recv: Mean: 0.022625 Min: 0.016 Max: 0.040 Range: 0.024
Recv: Standard Deviation: 0.007190

Klipper, M8P, 3d touch, glass bed:
probe accuracy results: maximum 2.892750, minimum 2.885250, range 0.007500, average 2.889375, median 2.890250, standard deviation 0.002565