Printer shows ADC error when turning on the printer

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 pro
MCU / Printerboard: Atmega 1280p
klippy.log
klippy (3).log (3.6 MB)

Whenever i turn on my printer, it immediately shows the ADC error. Im not sure not i should do, i tried unplugging withthe temperature sensor and the extruder temperature wires to pinpoint the problem, but this didnt help

Klipper’s error is caused by your bed temperature
Although I have no idea what could be causing a sudden jump from 0 to >200°C for BOTH the bed and extruder temperature.

From previous errors in your log the connection between the board and host seems unstable. Could be some severe defects in the hardware up to a dying board.

So, i should first buy another mini usb cable, if that doesnt work i will need to replace my motherboard? Is there anyway to indivudially check if its the motherboards fault?

See How-To Trouble-Shoot
Most likely some faulty hardware spoiling your fun. Can be anything from bad USB cable over a bad SD card up to a dead or dying board

Hi Sineos,

I read that in quite a few posts of you. My question is, what is a dying board? What are the indications for a dying board?

Kind regards, hcet14

ok so i dont think its the mainboard. I connected the head to another printer and its showing the temp is -96 now.

The same as for any other dying hardware: Funky errors that are hard to diagnose.

I have a board where the quality of the USB port is so piss poor that you need to bend the little metal things inside once in a while or it will loose connection.
I have seen blown MOSFETs, burned heat-bed connectors, outright dead MCUs and you name it. Not really possible to provide a generic answer here

The thermistors are a good bet. Would be kind of funny if both bed and hotend thermistor are pining the fjords.