Probe triggered prior to movement only at 1 spot

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Mostly Kobra Go
MCU / Printerboard: TriGorilla
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Only during bed calibration does this happen and it’s in the exact same spot each time. This just started out of nowhere, the probe works fine otherwise and has been for a little while now. I use the probe to home so it’s used quite often and it’s in that same spot in which the error happens. Pretty much the middle of the bed.

Printer Details,
Spring Steel sheet, .7mm difference in flatness during most meshes.
Inductive Probe
Probe shows open in Klipper, I can move a metal object under it at that spot and it triggers as expected.

Things I’ve Tried,
Increased Z between X moves.
Increased Z Hop
Slowed X speed during calibration.

Additioal Details,
I can see the probe light clearly and it does not light up when the printer is reporting it triggers during the X movement. I had a similar issue in the past and it was related to
position_endstop: -9
position_min: -9
however, I am hesitant to increase this negative value further because my probe is really less than 2mm from the tip of the nozzle.

klippy (1).zip (178.2 KB)

If I set the Grid to 5x5 instead of 6x6 it seems to skip over that point and doesn’t have the issue.
This seems to confirm its just one spot during the mesh probing, which looks to be my home position.
Should I report this as a bug?

No.
There is no indication on countless installations that there is an issue related to the effect you are describing. Quite sure it is something local to your setup
Maybe something is interfering with the probe and makes it triggering before Klipper even issued his “now move and probe” command

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.