Query_filament_sensor sensor=exact syntax please

I have in my printer.cfg:

[filament_switch_sensor material_1]
switch_pin: PG13

And the switch is plugged into stop 5 of a BTT Octopus pro
What is the exact syntax to use to query it? All I get is no such errors.
This in the.md file isn’t helpful:

[filament_switch_sensor]

The following command is available when a
filament_switch_sensor
or
filament_motion_sensor
config section is enabled.

QUERY_FILAMENT_SENSOR

QUERY_FILAMENT_SENSOR SENSOR=<sensor_name>: Queries the current
status of the filament sensor. The data displayed on the terminal will
depend on the sensor type defined in the configuration.

Thanks

got this one finally, turns out you can name it anything as long as you query by that name, and it works.

board is BTT Octpud Pro v1.1

next is [probe]
pin: PG7

probe voltage set at 5 volts, calls itself an npn nc, with the lead label showing a contact shown to 5 volts rated to deliver 300 milliamps when closed. One place it shows an 11k to ground, another it mentions a 4k7, I’ve tried as low as 2560 ohms to ground externally, and the jumper on J40 beside the probe socket which I left since the docs said to.The led on the prox is on when far, off when against a tool, but nothing effects the probe display in fluidd except the ! in front of the pin. The isolated pin reads around +1.334 volts open circuit, a direct ground make it less than 10 mv but no output change, and a direct connection to 5 volts only gets it up to around +1.66 volts, again with no change in the logic output.

What is the magic recipe that makes a prox switch that doesn’t seem to match the label on it, actually work? I’ve tried 3 different part # in 8mm probes, looking for pnp’s and rx’d npn’s everytime.

Thanks all, take care & stay well.

gene1934

I did find a bag of totally unmarked but acted like pnp’s, I’d got from amazon, must need more that 5 volts. when it trips, its first going low enough to trip a stop-2 port, .200 mv at ^PG10, but by the time I pulled its leads thru the drag chain and actually installed it in the print head it was up to 1.7 volts when tripped and kept riseing to about 2.6 volts an hour later. So I disconnected the signal wire and metered ^PG10. Then I measured the current I was sinking to ground, get a stable .41 ma. That is not enough to blow any of this stuff.
4.92 volts on the tan wire. but its plugged into stop-2, and that pin, PG10, is assigned to the probe in printer.cfg. Next I’m going to disconnect the signal wire from the sensor and raise the voltage to 10. Except I can’t they are 5 volt only. Next test then is move the plug back to the probe port, with the black wire open and feed it 12 volts.
With a 1n914 is series to prevent the 12 volts from getting to pin PC5 when its not tripped, the circuit does not get up to a logic 1. and it needs j40 jumpered to do that. Crazy. I need two diodes and a resistor. This is the 2nd octopus pro board I’ve failed to make a prox switch work for probe. But on the 4th prox sw, an pnp that needs at least 12 volts, 5 don’t work, I have it working. I put a 10A 100V power schottky, cathode band to a 5 volt connection. That prevents the PC5 input from going above about 5.4 volts. then the board didn’t have enough pullup to light the opto, so I added 3 each 5600 ohm r’s across the schottky to pull it up to 3.5 volts, took the ^ off the pin leaving the ! for invert, and it seems its all good now. With the bed against the switch, 3 mv, lower the bed a turn of the screws, its 3.5 V into PC5. And the switch is still running on 12 volts. But it did not work without the extra pull ups to 5 volts. If someone wants to boil this down to just the facts, be my guest, I have a printer that should be able to do a G28 now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.