Regarding the issue of setting pressure advantage

I am using OrcaSlicer. OrcaSlicer can set Pressure advance, but Pressure advance can also be set in printer.cfg. I want to know which one should prevail. For example, 1. If I turn off Pressure advance in OrcaSlicer, will the Pressure advance parameter in printer.cfg take effect? 2. If I set Pressure advance in OrcaSlicer, which Pressure advance parameter is executed by the printer at this time. 3. When I use OrcaSlicer to calibrate Pressure advance, do I need to cancel the Pressure advance in printer.cfg?

As you can set PA in OrcaSlicer for each material you should rather use that than a default value in the printer.cfg that is off for most of the used materials.

OrcaSlicer overrides the value in the printer.cfg during runtime.
You can easily test it on your own with the respective commands in the console.

If PA is turned off in OrcaSlicer, will the printer use the default parameters in peinter.cfg?

PA settings in printer.cfg are defining initial values for PA.

If OrcaSlicer will be driving PA - it will be putting commands for changing PA settings in gcode file.

When klipper will be executing gcode file - it will execute PA commands from gcode file and they will be changing PA settings in klipper during print, these command will not change settings in printer.cfg, so when next time you restart session/printer - you will get initial values from printer.cfg.

1 Like

Understood. Thank you

Thank you too

Understood Thank you