Pressure advance issues - not making a difference

Ender 3 with Sprite DD exturder, 0.6 CHT noz
Manta M8P, klipper running on CB1

I have tried running the pressure advance from the klipper documentation here used cura with accelleration, jerk, and retraction disabled. I have watched the pressure advance change in the console so I know the calibration command took, but the print corners look the same, bulging.

I switched to Orca slicer to run the built in pressure advance calibration. Klipper console is showing PA amount changing as the print goes on, but the print looks the same throughout. Changed the print to go as high as 2, still no changes, what am I missing?

This is my first post, thanks for your help!

Hello @analognmd !

Do you use both, the PA of Klipper and the slicer at the same time?

Please attach the klippy.log to your next post.

Please do not delete the template.

1 Like

With Cura I used the firmware pressure advance calibration command in the printers console. With Orca, I set the firmware advance to 0, and used the slicers PA incremental settings.

Both cases I can see the PA go up in the console as the tower prints. I checked that my config doesnt have any PA settings.

Well, I’m a doofus, I totally missed that the nozzle size was set to 0.4 in the printer config. Changed it to 0.6 and everything is printing correctly.

This is unrelated to PA. The nozzle size in Klipper is only used for certain sanity checks. Also see Move exceeds maximum extrusion (AA mm^2 vs BB mm^2) if you are interested in some background information.