Request: more responsive z adjust

Iv‘e postet this to GitHub and was forwarded to this forum, I hope i‘m at the right place to post.
So I’ve been trying out Klipper coming from Marlin as I was interested in the neat features it comes with. I use an inductive bed probe that drifts a bit with temperature, so one that I value a lot in Marlin in the Z-live adjust feature.
Klipper also has this feature, however it is very laggy. When I observe the first layer being layed dowon and notice the nozzle is too close/far away from the bed, and then use the Z_adjust feature on the LCD screen or in Mainsail it takes 5-10 seconds to have an effect (whereas in Marlin Z-live adjust takes effect the moment I turn the knob).
Would it be possible to implement the z_adjust to be instantaneous (at least while in the first layer)?

PS: I run klipper on a RasPi model 3 B, and an SKR 1.4 Turbo.

1 Like

I also would like this feature and wonder if other settings like temperature could get the same treatment. I use fluidd so the cause for lag/delay is likely within moonraker or klipper.

I can only imagine the z_adjust command (or any command) gets stacked on top of what is currently in the gcode buffer, thus it is only processed after the buffered commands are executed. Don‘t quote me on that though, I’m a chemist not a coder :^)