static_string_id=Timer too close

I am getting MCU timer too close errors after successful connection to the printer, able to turn on and off fans, and temps, but when I try to move any axis, then MCU becomes unresponsive. and I get MCU timer too close errors in klippy log.

Tried replacing Raspberry Pi 4, replaced controller from SKR1.3 to SKR1.4 turbo, and got new TMC2209 v2 drivers. Tried Mainsail, Fluid, and OctoKlipper, every one of them is showing this error, on known working raspberry pi4 with 8GB of ram and 1GB of RAM. Is this a hardware or software issue? I spent over 14hours researching this and am not getting any closer to resolving it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am not a developer.
klippy(10).log (1.5 MB)
working_printer_cfg.txt (4.9 KB)

Hello @Anton1 !

You max see this:

Solved the problem, but the solution was none of what you suggested. That’s why I decided to share the results. I had 2 year old config with stepper rotation in a different format, which was used back then. It was called steps not rotation. Those numbers were overwhelming the system and causing mcu to hit 100% when activating steppers. I think firmware should have safeguards against some number that is considered overboard for all steppers and should error out before attempting to overload MCU.

1 Like