STEPPER_BUZZ on x and y doesn't move and extruder causes shutdown

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard: Spider V1.0
klippy.log
klippy.log (152.1 KB)
printer.cfg (14.0 KB)

Describe your issue:

Started doing initial startup testing. The Z steppers all buzz correctly but when I try to buzz the X or Y steppers nothing happens. When I buzz the extruder stepper get the error : “Unable to read tmc uart ‘extruder’ register IFCNT” and the printer shuts down.
I have tried swapping steppers and the Big Tree Tech stepper drivers and the issue doesn’t appear to be related to the stepper drivers.

I have attached both the klipper log and the printer config file.

Regards
Eric

How are you setting the jumpers on the Spider? It looks like you’re using '2209s for your drivers.

The documentation is a bit cumbersome but the first place to look is the how the jumpers are set for the drivers.

Please explain where you got the settings and please post photos of the board, showing the jumper positions.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
Yes I am using Big Tree Tech TMC2209 stepper drivers, they came with the kit set.

The attached picture shows the position of the jumpers.

The configuration file is based on the one provided on the Voron site.

I based the wiring of the board on Voron V2 - Fysetc Spider Wiring | Voron Documentation

Eric

I can’t tell by the photograph, but did you follow the jumpering instructions exactly, including the jumpers not related to the TMC2209 drivers?

The jumpers match the Voron document including the two jumpers in the Z2-Mot location.

Looks fine for me so far:

Best is to check with a single stepper driver in the first slot (X) and if it works adding the others step by step.

What does that mean exactly?

Is your display working fine?

There’s a graphic somewhere that shows where the jumpers go using green rectangles. I could find it without any issues last night, but I can’t find it at all now.

@Riddleer I presume that this is the one you are referencing - can you provide a link to it?

Seems correct

Thanx but that’s not the one I’m thinking of.

I found it:

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies, I think I cooked the Spider V1.0 board as I ended up the the 3.3v issue.
I’ve since purchased a Spider V3.0 and have worked through the initial testing to get the PID parameters for the bed and hot end heaters.
I had some issues with the wiring for the x/y stops as the FYSETC wiring diagram only shows using a BL-Touch but not direct wiring to the Spider board.
In my testing of the steppers with the Spider V3.0 board I think I found part of the original problem was that I had mis-labeled my re-wired x-stepper as the extruder stepper.

Thanks again for your replies and guidance.
Regards
Eric

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.