Stepper movement issue

klippy-1.log (577.9 KB)

I’ve recently been trying out Klipper, but I just can’t seem to get any of the motors to move. It receives inputs from the end-stops, it even activates the steppers when I try to home, It just won’t actually move them.

I’ve tried looking up a handful of things to no avail, hopefully someone knows what’s going on, because I certainly don’t. It’s a stock ender 3 pro with the v4.2.2 board (STM)

[stepper_x]
step_pin: PB9
dir_pin: PC2
enable_pin: !PC3
microsteps: 16
rotation_distance: 40
endstop_pin: ^PA5
position_endstop: 0
position_max: 235
homing_speed: 50

[stepper_y]
step_pin: PB7
dir_pin: PB8
rotation_distance: 40
endstop_pin: ^PA6
position_endstop: 0
position_max: 235
homing_speed: 50

[stepper_z]
step_pin: PB5
dir_pin: !PB6
rotation_distance: 8

position_endstop: 0.0 # disable to use BLTouch

endstop_pin: ^PA7 # disable to use BLTouch

endstop_pin: probe:z_virtual_endstop # enable to use BLTouch
position_min: -5 # enable to use BLTouch
position_max: 250

Hallo @Rthunt15 !

Silly question: The printer is powered on and the MCU is not just backpowered by the host computer via the USB?

That was one of the first things I checked as I’ve definitely made that mistake in the past lol, so yes, it’s powered properly

Does the bed heat up when you set a temperature?

the bed heats up kind of slowly, but heats up nonetheless. The hotend also works as intended.

Are the stepper drivers maybe set to UART mode?

Hmmm, I’m not sure, whats the best way to check?

@Rthunt15, did you manage to fix the issue? I’ve encountered a somewhat similar problem, but mine stands from the fact that I have no clue what kind of stepper motors I have on a cheap Anet A8 clone from CTC.

There are some configurations that make them step, but only on some unusable rotation_distance values.

L.E. Mine seems to be a low-power issue, I’ve changed the power supply and things have improved, I’ll provide an update once I know things are stable.