Stepper Z1 will only go oneway

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Chiron
MCU / Printerboard: E3EZ
klippy.log

The stepper I use for Z1 will only go one way, up. It was working fine with new board installed. Also this issue was on an skr3 before I changed to the EZE3 but was sporadic and not something i worried about

Things I’ve tried;
Moved stepper motor to different axis - stepper worked fine
Used different cable that is known good
Tried different stepper motor
Tried different driver
Tried different slot - Used E1 and E0

Can anyone give me any idea what I might check from here. I’ve ran out of options.

Also is there away I can move the stepper motor without homing? So I may trouble shoot further
klippy.log (5.3 MB)

Does it home properly and does the respective Z1 endstop respond?

Is your input shaper graph for X that bad that you have to use 3hump_ei?

1 Like

XY home ok, and both Z motors move up before any other axis home. It’s when Z goes to home moving down only Z stepper will move down and Z1 won’t function.

Input sharpner needs to be calibrated.

Sounds for me that the Z homing is not successful hence the Z1 stepper seems to move away from the endstop even if it might be the wrong direction.

Check both Z endstops in untriggered and triggered state whether or not they respond properly and equally.
If you use Mainsail there is a button for that task and respective green or red indicators next to each endstop.

1 Like

Thanks for your time on this. I’ll check the endstop trigger on the Z1 as this might be the case if it’s a false trigger maybe. Stopping the Z1 from only move up and not down

Yep that was it. I only checked the endstop with the light going on/off when activated. When I placed something between the sensor the light goes off. I should have m119 a long time ago. Seems I have a faulty endstop. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes