Suggestion - Release notes

I recently discovered Klipper and the Fluidd-UI and I am loving it.
One of the cool feature of Fluidd (and probably other UIs) is to ease the different components software updates.

I am pleased with the fast pace of development of the Klipper stack and I try to stay current as much as possible.

It would be nice if we could have a “release notes” page maintained either on this forum or on the github page, that would list what was changed in each version (bug fixes, new features, etc.)

If you follow the GIT development you can check then changes according to the Commit Log and Messages: Commits · KevinOConnor/klipper · GitHub

If there are “breaking changes” you will find them in the document Config_Changes.md: klipper/Config_Changes.md at master · KevinOConnor/klipper · GitHub

Once Kevin thinks it is time for a new Release, then this Git status is frozen in a Release Tag: Tags · KevinOConnor/klipper · GitHub

For the Release Tags you will find the relevant changes in the document Releases.md: klipper/Releases.md at master · KevinOConnor/klipper · GitHub

Maintaining a change log in-between releases is typically not done as they are development snapshots. Keeping on this bleeding edge is for the brave hearts who do not mind updating to a broken version and it is assumed that they will follow the Git commit messages.

This is a planned feature. Moonraker recently started supporting commit comments in the update manager. Clients, such as fluidd, should begin adapting it in the near future.

Mainsail currently has git commit messages displayed for klipper.

1 Like

As mentioned, commit messages is an upcoming feature of Fluidd. :slight_smile:

1 Like