Total 0 uuids found (Klippy not connected.)

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Wanhao D6, Ultimaker clone, Monoprice Maker, etc.
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus Pro w/ 429 chip, btt ebb42, g0b1
klippy.log getting: ~klippy.log~ Failed - No file

klippy.log (73 Bytes)
Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue:

Octopus pro board. 429 chip and ebb42 with gob1 chip. I’m using a LePotato aml-s905x-cc running armbian so I used kiauh to install klipper, mainsail and fluidd. I followed this (How to Use CAN Toolhead Boards Connected Directly to Octopus / Octopus Pro on CanBoot - Voron Electronics - General Discussion - Team FDM) guide to flash the octopus pro board.
When I first flashed it everything worked fine. I’m converting the wanhao d6 printer to a crossed XY gantry with linear rails so I flashed the boards, tested everything to make sure it worked, I had motion, etc… And then I powered it down to start re-printing all of my parts, brackets, etc. in final filament & colors.

A couple weeks later when I turned everything back on, I got a “Klippy not connected” error on the fluidd web GUI.
When I ssh into the LePotato board and type an “ifconfig” I get a can0 interface that is up and running. I can see tx and rx packets too. But when I run:
pi@wanhao:~$ ~/klippy-env/bin/python ~/klipper/scripts/canbus_query.py can0
I get…
Total 0 uuids found

I know my canbus network is up and working at the Potato/PI. Do I need to go back and re-flash the Octopus and EBB boards again? Why can’t I see the control boards?

lsusb shows the openmoko can adapter and I have no serial devices in “/dev/serial/by-id/*”.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. What other info can I provide? Seems like I have a CAN BUS network up and running however the octopus board as well as the EBB board are not being seen on the can0 interface.

We’re probably going to need your config file since there is no log. The query only returns devices that aren’t configured, so that would be normal in your case.

I guess my post got pulled for spam review or something and it says because I’m new, I can’t upload more than two links. I’m trying to upload the printer.cfg and ebb42can.cfg files in this reply instead of the initial post because I tried to edit original post and it was giving me errors. I can copy/past the raw-text into a post too if that is what it takes to give info.

I copied most of this from another working printer. It all worked (heaters heated, motors moved, etc.) but some of the thermistors and stuff might be dummy values just to get stuff to work the first time around. I’ve got two random temp thermistors for bed/hotend plugged into the canbus and main octopus board as they were two weeks ago --just to get it working so klipper wouldn’t throw error codes.

Any help would be much appreciated.
ebb42can.cfg (1.6 KB)
printer.cfg (649 Bytes)

I’m not sure why you’re not getting a log file. You should start with one of the example configs in the /home/pi/klipper/configs directory of the device you’re running klipper on. When you get the main board running, then try and add your can board.

The lack of a logfile being generated confuses me too. It worries me, as if something is not routed or linked properly.

It doesn’t matter where I get my printer.cfg file from… I can’t get a canbus uuid for the octopus board. One of the basic things the printer.cfg file does is point klipper to the board’s hardware address (canbus, usb, serial, etc.). I can see that the canbus network is up, or interface can0 is up… But I have no clue and cannot see the Octopus (or ebb toolhead) boards. Doesn’t matter what printer.cfg file I use… I need the uuid address so I can put it into the printer.cfg to tell klipper which doorbell to ring or what phone nubmer to call to talk to the octopus board (and the ebb board).

To make it clear, you asked for me to post my printer.cfg file. I posted printer.cfg and ebb42can.cfg. Those were working two weeks ago but as of me making this post, those uuid addresses don’t exist. i cannot see the octopus board or the ebb board. Those files I posted have old values in them that are not up to date.

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn’t recognize the modular format of the file. I have to have everything flat. Did you check /tmp for a log file? I’ve updated to the latest klipper and one of my printers still logs to tmp. Maybe one of the gurus will tap in, cause this is over my head. I swear if ‘stuff’ didn’t just work I’d be building things out of Legos :confused:

Good luck!