Touch screen needed?

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue:

Hi all,

I wish to install Klipper on my Artillery Sidewinder x2 but the touch screen got damaged so i bought another one that is only showing grey. Is it imperative that i have a touch screen as i understand you run Klipper direct from computer. Many thanks

Klipper never needed any sort of screen.
You do need a linux-capable computer to run Klipper… a raspberry pi is the usually used kind, but any will do, really.

Klipper does not support any touch-screens. Only the “traditional” reprap-style LCDs are supported.
A powerful alternative that is supporting touch-screens is KlipperScreen

1 Like

Hi Arakon

Thanks for the reply. I have a Raspberry Pi and will be using that. So you are saying at no stage do I need to use the printer’s touch screen for installing Klipper?

Thank you again

Mike

Hi.
Thank you for your reply. I thought that I may need my touch screen (which is not operable any more) on my printer for installing Klipper.

Thank you again

Mike

Mike,

If you use KlipperScreen, you have a user interface on the rPi and don’t require one on the controller.

Myke thanks for the reply. I was thinking that I needed the touch screen on my printer (which has been damaged) for installing Klipper. Will get on with it tomorrow, thanks again

Mike

1 Like