Unable to read tmc uart 'stepper_z1' register IFCNT

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Custom Core XY
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus Pro V1.0
klippy.log
klippy.zip (95.4 KB)

I have a custom Core XY build that was set up and running on a BTT SKR Mini E3 V3. I soon found out that the SKR Mini didn’t have all of the features I needed, so I swapped the board out for a BTT Octopus Pro V1.0.

I have two stepper motors on the Z axis that work as expected when they are connected to Motor2_1 and Motor2_2, which use the same driver, but if I connect the motors to Motor2_1 and Motor3, so they run from separate drivers, I get a message saying: Unable to read tmc uart ‘stepper_z1’ register IFCNT.

The driver jumpers are all configured the same, so I’m guessing that it’s something to do with my Klipper config. Any help pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

According to BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-Pro/Hardware/BIGTREETECH Octopus Pro - PIN.pdf at master · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-Pro · GitHub
your Z1 pins seem wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply Sineos, I have the Z1 motor and driver plugged into the pins for Motor3. The image below shows the corresponding pins and config settings, is there something I’m overlooking?
StepperConfig

Have you tried a different driver for Z1?

Hey EddyMI3D, yes, I tried different drivers, thanks for the suggestion.

I ended up moving the stepper_z and stepper_z1 connections to the Driver6 and Driver7 pins, now the Z motors work as expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.