Using Probes and Printing Base Layers

Hello,

I have gone to the Discord server a couple of times. I am trying here now.

I have gone through the PROBE and PROBE_CALIBRATE functions so far. Here is the issue. My Z-axis has a probe on it to adjust, home, and use.

Is using a 6v+ or 12v probe functional in Klipper as of today?

My prints use to work. Not so much these days. I have concluded that either my Printer Board is not using the 6v+ on the pins or Klipper is set up in a way that does not handle Probes well enough.

I am not too knowledgeable on Klipper as of now. So, I am reaching out.

# Probe
[probe]
pin: ar100:PH4
z_offset: 0.6267
x_offset: 0.0
y_offset: 0.0

[stepper_z]
step_pin: ar100:PL6
dir_pin: !ar100:PE10
endstop_pin: probe:z_virtual_endstop
rotation_distance: 6.35
microsteps: 16
position_max: 152.4
homing_speed: 5.0

This used to work until an upgrade on the Refactor image on my Recore controller.

Seth

P.S. The probe cannot use the PROBE command or the PROBE_CALIBRATE command any longer b/c of the probe being triggered before those commands. If there was a way to, and I am guessing here, turn the probe off before PROBE and PROBE_CALIBRATE commands, this may prove useful.

Anyway, the Base Layers print awesomely. Then, comes the next layers. They just print on the base layers at the same height as the base layers. Is there any cure?

Okay…So,

It seems I have completed a couple steps for PID_CALIBRATE HEATER=“my_heater” and some other steps to get printing w/ the Probe in question.

I got a lot of help from a person in the discord for Recore under #Thing-printer .

So, outside of that plug there in plain sight, sorry to spam your discourse. I am new and was unaware of how complicated the machines are actually.

Seth

Hello Once More,

Just to say this and mean it:

1. Check the rotation_distance of XYZ and E. It matters!
  2. If using a PrintrBot Metal Simple, use the [probe] selection in your Klipper Configuration.
  3. Under [probe], use speed as an option and lift_speed. This will help greatly on the production of acme screw rising and descending too quickly or far too slowly.

Seth

P.S. I do not want to give away the name of the person that helped me, i.e. for his sanity. Thank you kind soles!