Z offset not set after probe, code review

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 s1 pro
MCU / Printerboard: stm32f401
Host / SBC: Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Klipper & Octoprint
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I am new to klipper and trying to figure things out. Mostly I am ok with it, reading articles and implementing them.

I am stuck with saving z offset.

I have run
I probe with a paper below the printer head and its a good fit. Just tight enough but not too close to the build plate.

After that I start the print and even the side line is quite above the build plate. I had to set manual Z offset to -3.7 to get it to print on the plate.
Now I dont know what I am missing or doing/not doing something for which I am facing this issue.

I am sure others might have faced the same issue and probably someone might point me a solution already posted but sorry I tried, I couldnt find it.
klippy.log (1.6 MB)

Your provided log contains no indication that you ever performed a z-offset calibration and saved the value.
Please carefully follow Probe calibration - Klipper documentation

Thanks for the direction.

I am not sure why its not in the log but I have done that. I am also using octoprint and I did screw tilt calibrate, bed mesh using Bed visualizer plugin, probe x,y & z offset then save_config.

Is octoprint messing with log being created ?

Ill rerun all that and send the log again, hope that helps.

Thanks

ok
My bad. I was just running bed visualizer and not actual calibrate.
X,Y calibrate are spot on no corrections needed.
Z however, I keep getting error TESTZ unknown command.

update:

After restart of the Host & Firmware TESTZ z=. worked.
After pulling my hair for 2 days, ITS DONE.
Finally working as I want.

Test print at 100mm/s working flawlessly.

THANK YOU

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.