After update, i can't connect to MCU

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Vcore3
MCU / Printerboard:Octopus Pro 429
klippy.log

As I mentioned yesterday, I have updated Klipper on my printer, a RatRig, which uses an Octopus Pro 429…

The process of flashing the new firmware seems to have gone well, I compiled it, renamed it and copied it to the Micro SD… After rebooting and waiting for about 10 minutes, I read the Micro SD on a PC, and the name had changed from firmware.bin to firmware.cur…

I have put the Micro Sd card back in the Octopus Pro and I have restarted everything…

But Fluidd can’t connect to the Octopus… getting this screen

As I mentioned yesterday, I have updated Klipper on my printer, a RatRig, which uses an Octopus Pro 429…

The process of flashing the new firmware seems to have gone well, I compiled it, renamed it and copied it to the Micro SD… After rebooting and waiting for about 10 minutes, I read the Micro SD on a PC, and the name had changed from firmware.bin to firmware.cur…

I have put the Micro Sd card back in the Octopus Pro and I have restarted everything…

But Fluidd can’t connect to the Octopus… getting this screen

So I have connected to RPi to finish, and I have sent (one of the few that I know) the lsusb command… listing the Octopus…

Does someone have any idea of ​​what it can be?
I don’t think so, but maybe when flashing the new firmware, the Octopus ID has changed? (How do I find out the new one?)

So I have connected to RPi to finish, and I have sent (one of the few that I know) the lsusb command… listing the Octopus…

Does someone have any idea of ​​what it can be?
I don’t think so, but maybe when flashing the new firmware, the Octopus ID has changed? (How do I find out the new one?)

hi,

I would never have to die… nor San Goole

the command is:

ls /dev/serial/by-id/*

for the moment works… or seems works

next step… Ebb42

thx

grafik

?

Sorry i forget… But now works… Usb id has changed with update

1 Like

First, that tells me that the Klipper CAN bridge is not working; if it were, you would see this:

ID 1d50:606f OpenMoko, Inc. Geschwister Schneider CAN adapter

Canboard (ebb42)…

Can be updated by “CAN”

or

Canboard (ebb42) MUST BE updated by USB conection (to rPi)?

I have conected and configured by “CAN”

extract of cfg

canbus_uuid: 32c452993a02

[fan]

pin: EBBCan:PA0

[heater_fan hotend_fan]

pin: EBBCan:PA1

heater: extruder

heater_temp: 50.0

[tmc2209 extruder]

uart_pin: EBBCan: PA15

run_current: 0.40

stealthchop_threshold: 0

interpolate: True

sense_resistor: 0.11

driver_TBL: 0

driver_TOFF: 4

driver_HEND: 6

driver_HSTRT: 7

edit… time ago i asked something similar… link to post…

hi,

I reread the post where you explained to me that installing Canboot as Bootloader was better…

And yes, it is true that later it has many advantages, but the initial process does NOT seem very simple. For the one or two times that I will update the firmware a year, I think I prefer the original system that I followed…

The problem is that I don’t remember very well how I did it…

Although reading the document that you have passed, the process seems, and I say seems, quite simple.

Thank you.

Tomorrow, surely he will be here asking questions…