BL Touch 3.1 issue (again...)

When running the initial tests as described in the Klipper documentation, BL Touch respond fine to the BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND=pin_down and BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND=pin_up commands.

Then when I carry on with the instructions ( The next step is to confirm that the sensor pin is working correctly. Run BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND=pin_down , verify that the pin moves down, run BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND=touch_mode , run `QUERY_PROBE’).

it shows “probe: TRIGGERED” instead of “probe: OPEN”… when i push gently on the probe with my nail, again…“probe: TRIGGERED”…

any idea where the problem comes from?

Couldn’t fix this issue, so I carried on with Z homing, probe and bed calibration, all went fine so far…
Ready for first print test, crossing fingers!

You are sure that this is a genuine BLTouch? This behavior is known from clones. See BL-Touch - Klipper documentation

Quote:

Some “clone” devices do not support touch_mode and as a result the QUERY_PROBE command does not work. Despite this, it may still be possible to perform probing and homing with these devices. On these devices the QUERY_PROBE command during the initial tests will not succeed, however the subsequent G28 (or PROBE) test does succeed.

Yep, it is a genuine one, I checked with the QR code and the srial number on the official website!

I have same issue but I am unable to home on Z axis with error “BLTouch failed to verify sensor state”, X and Y axis do homing correctly, the endstops are triggered and detected.
when I test the probe with debug commands, the probe deploy and stow the pin but when the pin is deployed, the z endstop is shown as triggered.
Using a bltouch 3.1 genuine also, it does not work with probe_with_touch_mode: True neither false
any clue?
attached log and printer config, klipper version on mcu v0.10.0-554-g9e4994cb
klippy.log (114.7 KB)
printer.cfg (10.6 KB)