BLTouch not working after printing

Hi all
I ask for help
My BLTouch sensor works correctly until the recording ends or I stop it forcibly. After that, he stops responding to commands. If you let it stand for 5-10 minutes - everything works again. Or if you firmware restart the printer - too.
Motherboard - cheetah v2
Config:
[bltouch]
sensor_pin: ^PA0
control_pin: PB1
x_offset: -25.8
y_offset: -29
#z_offset: 1.38
speed: 10
samples: 1
samples_result: average
pin_up_touch_mode_reports_triggered: False
probe_with_touch_mode: True
set_output_mode: 5V

Please carefully read through: BL-Touch - Klipper documentation especially the 5V part

1 Like

I tried all options. With set_output_mode: 5V and without. I also played around with other settings. The result is always the same - after printing stops - the bltouch does not respond to the BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND commands and when the nozzle is parked - it rests on the table

1 Like

I am experiencing the same thing. BLtouch works great until a print is started.
First print goes perfectly. Second print is started, after heating it homes XY but the BLtouch is not functioning properly. After homing X and Y the head travels to the BLtouch location but reports “!! BLTouch failed to verify sensor state”

In my case, the system has never experienced it recovering itself. A main board power reset is required for another print or scan.

In the bad state I can call “BLTOUCH_DEBUG COMMAND=pin_down” and pin_up successfully, the pin moves, but the “QUERY_PROBE” always returns “open”. Before a print BL works perfectly, bed scans are +/-0.05mm scan to scan.

System: I am installed on a creality 4.3.1 mainboard in an Ender6. I upgraded the distribution board to supply 5V to the BL since the E6 distro PCB has a flaw. Klipper is on a the “Desuuuu” fork that supports the native lcd screen. I am also using the ADXL345 on the rpi3 SPI, good scans, great prints. Using pi camera over flat flex cable from built in pi header. Internal pi Wifi is disabled for a USB one for a bulkhead antenna. I just installed everything (pi, mb, lcd) fresh this week following this guide, in early march '23. All the bonus functions are working as intended, I believe. Only problem experienced is BL malfunction after a print. I can provide logs.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the exact same issue as you and this is the first post I’ve found that is pretty much exactly my situation. I’m running on an Ender 3 with 4.2.2 board and Sprite Pro extruder and BLTouch fails after a print and the only way to get it working again is a hard reset of the machine. I’ve tried 2 different, genuine BLTouch sensors and a genuine Creality CRTouch and they all show the same behavior.

Hi, I have the same problem… after a print it´s not working anymore… restart of the printer and everything works again. I already checked all wires and connectors and played around with the config, but nothing seems to solve this state. Did you find anything?

Have the same problem, thought it was my new firmware but at the same time I also made alterations to the enclosure of my ender3 v2 so I can print ABS.
ABS means higher temperatures and the fact that it requires some “leave it alone” time to start working again made me think of hardware problem with the temperatures.
So I read bl touch and high temperatures (> about 50c) do not work well…
Will check it out and keep you informed.

Hello,

Have you looked at adding a pulllup resistor?

Happy Printing,
Blake

Nope, but I know the BL touch was working just fine with my earlier FW and before the ABS modification on the enclosure.
I read that the pullup resistor is required in some motherboards which do not have one, but mine used to work - and still works until overheating.

Generally a pull-up is always required for BLTouch. Depending on the printer board and used pin, it might be implemented in hardware OR needs the ^ in the config

1 Like

Hello,

I mean, I use one without a pull-up with no issues of any sort soo. . . I don’t know.

Happy Printing,
Blake

I guess since we use it just fine, the pullup must already exist in our mobo’s pins.
After several days of test printings, I can confirm that the cause of my trouble was the temperature. I just raise the z axis while the bed is heating up, so that the bltouch is not close to the heat and when the printing starts it homes without failure.
I also realized that 90C is enough for the bed, and I’m not going up to 100C any more.