Btt octopus pro version question

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ender5+ with lots of mods.
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus Pro V1.01
Host / SBC bananapi-m5
klippy.log Don’t have one yet

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

greetings; my first question as I bring this printer back to life with a new controller board, has to do with the miss-match between versions of the example .cfg where the supplied version for that later Octopus Pro is called V1.1 here but V1.01 by BTT as shipped a couple months back. Is the V1.1 the correct .cfg for the V1.01 labeled board?

Describe your issue:

See BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-V1.0/Firmware/Klipper at master · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-OCTOPUS-V1.0 · GitHub and choose the correct one according to the MCU STM on your board.

this is not an octopus but the latest version of the octopus-pro, supposedly fixed so it doesn’t burn up the nozzle & bed heaters when in the boot mode. New version 1.01, about 6 months old now. I am binning all the older boards. Unless somebody wants to use them.

I was started on this by having the old board burn up everything it could by putting everything at 100% pwm in the boot mode. $600 or so later I’d druther not burn it all up the 2nd time, so first powerup will be with heaters unhooked. The V1.1 cfg seems correct so far.

Thanks.

Read the Firmware section:

Just follow it, PLEASE. The relevant difference is in the used MCU and the pin configuration.
For the printer.cfg also see link.

And that is the file I’ve been looking for, it is NOT present in any
copy of klipper I have here already. Thank you, a lot.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.