Cannot get Klipper to connect to my new Kingroon KP5L

I did a bit of digging in the marlin config. The board seems to be compatible with robin nano v2. The marlin pins config for this board defines PD5/PD7/PD4/PD9 as tmc uart_pin for X/Y/Z/E. This is quite different to PA5/PC13/PC7/PA9 defined in nehilo’s config that you’re probably using. Consider opening an issue on this repository. The comment section of the Kingroon article linking to that repository is filled with people having the same issue.
Edit: I was mislead by Marlin that can’t be arsed to correctly name their KP5L config “full DIY version”.
KP5L board doesn’t support tmc uart communication. Just comment the include as explained bellow:

Alternatively you can remove the [include tmc.cfg] line from printer.cfg: this will use the drivers in standalone mode, but you’ll be stuck with their default configuration which can be inconvenient if it includes stealthchop.

OMG! Thank you so much. I got rid of the tmc.cfg and it connected and homed perfectly.

1 Like

Hi Piezo, now that I have removed the tmc.cfg file, how can I change the stepper motor current?

You can’t through klipper.

You’ll need to either adjust the potentiometers manually or modify the board to enable UART communication with the TMC drivers. I haven’t personally done it on this particular board, so I’m unable to offer assistance in this regard.

The tmc configurations belong into the printer.cfg

Thanks for the prompt response, I was hoping I could do it without disassembling the printer as I’ve only just bought it and am still in discussions with the seller. Everything checks out fine mechanically but I get lot of layer shifts on anything but a very slow print speed.