Clarifying Questions!

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creality CR10-S
MCU / Printerboard: ? All I know is that it says in the “about printer” section “v1.1.6” and “Creality v2.1”
klippy.log none

Describe your issue:

Hello! I am new to Klipper and plan on installing it over the next month. I have a few clarifying questions, but first I should say that I have a Raspberry Pi 4 hooked up to the Raspberry Pi 7" Screen running Octoprint. I am intending to run Klipper and KlipperScreen. Here are my questions:

1. I do not have a desktop OS on my Pi. Do I need to have one to run KlipperScreen?
  2. If I am going to run Klipper and KlipperScreen, will I end up having to run OctoPrint, Klipper, Raspberry OS, Moonraker, and KlipperScreen all at once? And is that even possible?
  3. Will the Creality 2017 CR10-S Config file in the directory work for my printer based off of the Versions mentioned in the MCU/Printerboard Section(Link to File: klipper/config/printer-creality-cr10s-2017.cfg at master · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub)?
    Thank you for your time! I’m excited to install Klipper!

Welcome. I used Sineos Klipper Architecture / Ecosystem and added some information for myself.

Please correct me, if anybody finds errors in above block schematics!

I’ll update the schematics with KlipperScreen.

Good luck, hcet14

edit: I deleted the diagram. I think it’s just confusing new users.

Is Octoprint really that bad? I spent a lot of time installing and refining Octoprint. Is it really worth it?

Not at all. You want to use KlipperScreen for your Raspberry Pi 7" screen?

OctoPrint?

KlipperScreen was not designed to work with OctoPrint and there are no plans to make it compatible.

edit: I never used OctoPrint!

No it is not. If you are happy with it, continue using it. There is no disadvantage and in fact its options to customize still exceeds other options.
The advantage of the other solutions is that they are specifically tailored to Klipper.

If you do not mess up the different ports then you can run all solutions in parallel, otherwise Octoprint is standalone and does not need Moonraker, KlipperScreen, Mainsail etc.

The place where you have put “Mainsail or Fluidd” is wrong. These solutions connect via JSON RPC to Moonraker and thus need to be in the box in the lower left corner.
KlipperScreen would also belong into this box.

2 Likes

Did I get you right?

edit: I deleted the diagram. I think it’s just confusing new users.

1 Like

Yes, this would be correct.

1 Like

[quote=“CobraDesign47, post:3, topic:14189, full:true”]
Is Octoprint really that bad? I spent a lot of time installing and refining Octoprint. Is it really worth it?
[/quote]

Nope, it isn’t. It is just different. And you have quite a bunch of plugins.
You can get a ready to run OctoPrint-Klipper solution as a RasPi image.
Else there is KIAUH.

To tell what is worth or not you have to experience yourself. - it’s a matter of taste.

DON’T TELL THAT. Let people make their owne meaning about that.
Ever worked with OctoPrint?

So do not make any such claims when you have zero experience with it.

I guess you don’t like me? C’est ça? Well, get back in line. You are not the first and probably not the last human being, who doesn’t like me.

Take care, hcet14 :wink:

It’s not about liking you or not.

It’s just that you declare things you have no clue of.

Hello @hcet14 !

I think I have do a public apologize to you.

I completely misread your comment and so I understood it absolutely wrong.

I am sorry for ranting on you.

1 Like

Hey guys! Thanks for the input. I will consider getting rid of Octoprint. Could someone put that diagram into words and use layman’s terms? I am completely new to coding and electronics in general. The only thing that I have done even remotely along these lines is install Octoprint. And that’s not saying anything!

@EddyMI3D is very sensitive to Octoprint a over zealous fanboy another over reaction imho.

1 Like

Follow Installing Klipper with KIAUH

Good morning! So I did some research, and it looks like I’m going to want to use Mainsail. With Mainsail, is all you have to do upload a Klipper config file after the initial Mainsail setup? And because Mainsail comes with Moonraker, what would I have to do to install Klipper Screen? Also, will the Creality 2017 CR10-S Config file in the directory work for my printer based off of the Versions mentioned in the MCU/Printerboard Section of the first post on this thread(Link to File: klipper/config/printer-creality-cr10s-2017.cfg at master · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub)?

What about just following above instructions?

1 Like

@Eddy

I appreciate your apology and accept it. No bad feelings! Thank you :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I would like to do it in a way that is the least amount of coding possible. I also like the interface of Mainsail. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Could someone answer my question about the Config file? That’s the only question that hasn’t been answered.

Let me know when you have found this option. Maybe I’ll put it into a tutorial. The config file is fine.

(in any other case, I suggest you carefully read and follow this if you are interested in a smoothly running Klipper / Moonraker / Mainsail setup)